Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Open Raid Plane of Fear Presented By Veloci Shift (/forums/showthread.php?t=246643)

Shift 06-26-2016 10:01 AM

Open Raid Plane of Fear Presented By Veloci Shift

1 Attachment(s)
Friday July 1st, 2016

Forming up at 5pm EST

Breaking in POF at 6PM EST

All meeting up at in Feerott by the false curtain wall outside by the spectre's.

Levels :REQ. 46 LVL

http://wiki.project1999.com/Plane_of_Fear

What we will be needing:

going to need alot of CC,Healers,Tanks everything we got for this zone.

Raid Gaming Ethic:

So if any Draco's or CT and some Golems are up please leave them up for us before our event that week appreicate it, we are trying to get some upgrades from trash, drop some bosses, spray a supersoaker on some golems and watch them turn into a puddle mud, austin 3:16 stomp a mudhole in there @$$ oh hell yeah!

Loot rules: will be a /random 1000

But Since we are hosting this event if CT or a Draco is up VS gets 1 of the main items of our choosing.

the rest will be a /random 1000

I think that is fair as it comes, we might even pass on the Amulet of necropotence and let me people roll on it, and want something from CT if he is up,

ArumTP 06-26-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shift (Post 2308953)
Friday July 1st, 2016

Raid Gaming Ethic:

So if any Draco's or CT and some Golems are up please leave them up for us before our event that week appreicate it

But Since we are hosting this event if CT or a Draco is up VS gets 1 of the main items of our choosing.

I think that is fair as it comes, we might even pass on the Amulet of necropotence and let me people roll on it, and want something from CT if he is up,

Is this a troll? Legitimate question, I myself not trolling. CT/Draco/Golems barely draw breath and they are killed. A CT pop, results in a fully kited and cleared zone, along with a reset of golem/draco timers. Every other guild on this server tracks and makes attempts at draco/golems.

Shift 06-26-2016 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArumTP (Post 2308965)
Is this a troll? Legitimate question, I myself not trolling. CT/Draco/Golems barely draw breath and they are killed. A CT pop, results in a fully kited and cleared zone, along with a reset of golem/draco timers. Every other guild on this server tracks and makes attempts at draco/golems.

Nope no trolling, I dunno these raiding rules you speak of,
we are a causal guild just trying to have some fun,

and letting the p99 community join in on it.

roro0187 06-26-2016 11:03 AM

Are necros invited? Been waiting a long time to see a raid, now that I'm closing in on the lvl, id really like to go to this!:)

Vorask Strokinhov

Expediency 06-26-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shift (Post 2308979)

What he's trying to say is that although fear is usually open to be cleared, the minibosses/CT are tracked by about 5 different guilds who keep timers on them, and that information is not shared with others because its basically a trade secret. These bosses dont all spawn at the same time either. You can probably plan on being able to clear fear with the public and getting the fear armor, but its going to require some diplomacy to get other guilds to leave up the minibosses. Its not impossible to get others to agree to this, there is a lot of precedent, but it will require a little work. Getting permission to post in the raid discussion forum would be a first step.

For instance, there have been several naggy/vox open raids over the last few years. Typically someone posts a thread saying they are going to run one of these, and ask the other guilds to avoid killing it that week.

ArumTP 06-26-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shift (Post 2308979)

I am not speaking of raid rules, I am speaking of raid(CT/draco) and high priority(golems) targets. I don't see any scenario in which they would be simply left up.

Bummey 06-26-2016 11:21 AM

Neat. I'm interested in bringing my druid to this.

Expediency 06-26-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArumTP (Post 2308986)
I am not speaking of raid rules, I am speaking of raid(CT/draco) and high priority(golems) targets. I don't see any scenario in which they would be simply left up.

Its not impossible. There's precedent for others leaving targets up for public raids, quite a few times actually. But he's going to need to go to the raid forum and post something along the lines of: "Hey guys, we want to run an open raid for the server, will Aftermath, CSG, anon, and whoever else kills these please not kill them during this window of time?" Awakening is on raid suspension on this date or else theyd need to agree also.

The other option is for GMs to take pity on an open raid and just respawn the zone so the public can have a chance.

CT is a mean boss and you're going to need 100+ random players to kill that thing. The golems/draco are doable.

Trungep99 06-26-2016 01:22 PM

Yeah I don't see this happening with the mini bosses or CT. CT is a high priority target to top tier raiders. The golems can drop items worth a fortune like the Amulet of Necropotence.

You can kill the trash mobs with no contest, but you have to understand the raid dynamic on this server regarding which mobs are of highest priority vs those that are not.

My suggestion is to raid plane of hate. The mini bosses respawn more frequently than the plan of fear ones. You have a much higher % chance to be able to clear the zone and get mini bosses without contest.
Keep in mind though that some guilds will still go to hate for the mini bosses but not as frequently.

Batso 06-26-2016 01:43 PM

<Aftermath > will not touch CT this week.