Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Agreements on bottlenecks in the new Chardok quests (/forums/showthread.php?t=317114)

ajohnymous 02-10-2019 01:19 PM

Agreements on bottlenecks in the new Chardok quests

The quest:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Regal_B...Bathezid_Quest

There are two significant bottlenecks: “a shady goblin” with a 24 hour respawn and “an angry goblin” with a three day respawn with 10% variance (not sure what the 10% means).

Once a lot of people get their faction up and start going for these, the best way for these is a /random on the “a shady goblin” like Scout, and having “an angry goblin” like the current Stormfeather camp.

Thoughts? Alternatives? What system best prevents player disputes, lawyer quest, and petition floods?

cooler2442 02-10-2019 01:23 PM

FTE.

ajohnymous 02-10-2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooler2442 (Post 2857859)
FTE.

You don’t kill them, you turn items in.

cooler2442 02-10-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajohnymous (Post 2857861)
You don’t kill them, you turn items in.

Click fest like Ring War then or Scout used to be.

aaezil 02-10-2019 01:31 PM

I mean does turning in even despawn them?

Ripqozko 02-10-2019 01:40 PM

Rotation starting with aegis alliance

ajohnymous 02-10-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaezil (Post 2857867)
I mean does turning in even despawn them?

Yes.

loramin 02-10-2019 01:46 PM

It's going to be a shit show. Someday it may become a sane player agreement-regulated thing, but you have to remember player agreements require everyone to participate. For a long time Scout wasn't GM enforced, and even once the roles started you still had assholes trying to click ahead instead of rolling. It was only when the entire server came together and agreed on the roll that the staff finally started treating it as a rule and punishing people who try to skip the roll.

So while I'd love to believe that the server could learn from the past and come up with a plan that everyone can agree to ... I just don't see that happening until enough of the man-children who would disrupt such agreements get their FTE wins in so that everyone else can agree to something without it being disrupted.

cooler2442 02-10-2019 01:48 PM

People from the hardcore guilds will not accept a roll agreement, it will be a total click fest. Casuals prepare.

Morbo the Annihilator 02-10-2019 03:26 PM

Shady goblin despawns immediately upon turn-in. so to the lowest ping go the spoils.

Angry goblin does NOT immediately despawn though, meaning that a click-fest will result in everyone handing their item in to him, just like Scout Charisa.

However, unlike Scout, Angry Goblin does not state who the winner was in his script. So everyone will have handed their thing in, but no one will know who actually got it in first.

Behold:

[Sun Feb 10 XX:XX:XX 2019] an angry goblin howls in triumph! 'This is just what I needed! Skargus is mine now, wait until he finds out, just wait! His death is close at hand. Follow me and I'll take you to Skargus's chamber, you can wait there while I take this report to the chief!'

[Sun Feb 10 XX:XX:XX 2019] an angry goblin shouts 'I have you now Skargus, you traitor! Even now I'm taking this report of slave-trading to the chief! Your days here are at an end!'

[Sun Feb 10 XX:XX:XX 2019] Warlord Skargus says 'I've gotta stop Gragbar before he turns in that report!'

(Gragbar is the name of the Angry Goblin, and not a PC name. It's a static part of the script)

Unless a player agreement is made to /random, it will just be a DPS (KS) race, and whoever loses will have also lost their Shady goblin turn-in.