Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   NPC Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Vessel Drozlin gives out new FTE message the moment he dies (/forums/showthread.php?t=383455)

scifo76 04-25-2021 10:29 AM

Vessel Drozlin gives out new FTE message the moment he dies

Greetings.

Lately when killing Vessel Drozlin, he has been giving away a new FTE message at the very moment he dies, and it seems to be directed to the person LAST on his aggro list.

An example: My cleric friend gets FTE and I send in my pet to kill. When Vessel dies, he fires off a new FTE message with MY name.

Kirdan 04-25-2021 12:13 PM

This happens with all FTE mobs, if a pet gets the killing blow then the owner gets a FTE msg as it dies.

scifo76 04-25-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirdan (Post 3294466)
This happens with all FTE mobs, if a pet gets the killing blow then the owner gets a FTE msg as it dies.

Incorrect. We just had an example of a 3rd player getting the Vessel death FTE, even though he didn't get the first FTE and hardly did any dmg on Vessel. Something is not right. Following your logic, the pet owner should've gotten the FTE message, but he didn't.

Kirdan 04-25-2021 01:11 PM

You said you sent in your pet to kill and you got the death FTE, which is exactly what I said happens. This happens on all FTE message targets. The death FTE is unrelated to the initial FTE. If a pet gets the killing blow, the pet's owner gets a death FTE.

scifo76 04-25-2021 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirdan (Post 3294488)
You said you sent in your pet to kill and you got the death FTE, which is exactly what I said happens. This happens on all FTE message targets. The death FTE is unrelated to the initial FTE. If a pet gets the killing blow, the pet's owner gets a death FTE.

Then I stand corrected and I thank you for clearing it up - thanks :) So this means that a player who has done 0% dmg to a mob can trigger a FTE to himself as long as his pet gets the last killing blow? What is the point of this mechanism, why is a "death FTE" necessary?

Man0warr 04-25-2021 08:50 PM

There is no point, it's just a bug with the custom FTE coding. Treat it as cosmetic and meaningless, which GMs do.