Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   How exactly does Enchanter Illusions work? (/forums/showthread.php?t=345436)

Entee 12-24-2019 05:49 AM

How exactly does Enchanter Illusions work?

If I am a Dark Elf Enchanter and am KOS to Freeport, Felwithe, and Kaladim guards / merchants /NPCs, can I just Illusion into that specific race to go in and use their merchants, bank, walk freely through the cities?

If so, what about if I've killed their guards or other NPCs? Like for example, if I killed Felwithe guards for hours. Could I then illusion into a High Elf and go bank / sell in the same city as I was killing the guards in?

Tiax 12-24-2019 06:48 AM

Your faction with any group is determined from the sum of five modifiers: race, deity, class, spell effects, and your history of interactions with the faction.

Of these, you can modify three of them, race with illusions, history by kiling things and doing quests, and spell effects by casting spells.

So to answer your question, maybe. The enchanter class is neutral so there won't be any modifier from that. You will get a positive modifier by being the same race, but your deity could give a negative hit you worship a evil god. This is why the standard deity advice for enchanter is to go agnostic.

If you kill enough things belonging to a certain faction though, you will eventually go KOS. As a chanter you can bump this up a little with faction spells, but not much.

One other thing, city guards, merchants and the banker aren't necessarily on the same faction, so you may be able to kill guards fine, and keep selling to the merchant.

Meiva 12-24-2019 08:14 AM

Yep.

Faction matters for many quests, so that's another perk I suppose. I'm not familiar with these quests that enchanters can more easily do than most others. Well, except for Stein of Moggok thanks to illusions, and OT Hammer thanks to charm when that time comes.

Tiax 12-24-2019 09:39 AM

Good point, charm is a 6th way to modify faction to amiable.

vossiewulf 12-24-2019 10:04 AM

How exactly does Enchanter Illusions work?

Some think whatever it is doesn't work well enough, a tiny slice thinks it's ok as is, and the remainder are sure the spell is worse than a Hitler spongecake with Stalin icing.

bubur 12-24-2019 11:09 AM

Whatever it is, whoever doesn't think the same way as I do is a wrong unclassic drippy monster boy

Gross

cd288 12-26-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiax (Post 3055749)
Good point, charm is a 6th way to modify faction to amiable.

I think you mean faction boosting spells like Alliance? Charm just turns them into your pet

Scoojitsu 12-26-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd288 (Post 3056648)
Charm just turns them into your pet

And this makes them amiable to you.

cd288 12-26-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoojitsu (Post 3056658)
And this makes them amiable to you.

You then can’t vendor or bank or gets quests from them though IIRC

Scoojitsu 12-26-2019 04:11 PM

It works to get the OT hammer at least...