Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Game crashes on Exit (camping)... (/forums/showthread.php?t=351820)

Moshthrull 03-05-2020 09:25 AM

Game crashes on Exit (camping)...

New user here, let me start by saying THIS IS AWESOME!! Loving the project - thank you to everyone who has and is making this possible....

My apologies if I am repeating a post. I have checked the technical threads to no avail...

When I go to log out for the night, I camp. The game ends like normal but when I get to my desktop I have a crash error message on screen (your client has crashed, may we send information to sony, ect...)

Then, when relaunching the game, I have to delete my eq.ini file to get it to start again, or I can never get off of the character select screen...

Of course, after doing this, when I get back into the game I have to reset all of my options (video mode, keys, window positions and colors)...

Is this a known issue or is something just wrong with my setup?

Any advice would be appreciated...

Kavious 03-05-2020 12:18 PM

Set eqgame.exe compatibility mode to Windows XP

Moshthrull 03-05-2020 03:34 PM

Thank you for this, again sorry for my (now obviously) redundant post!... :)

Draxxil 03-05-2020 11:36 PM

Thank you Kav, been having this issue for weeks as well and this just fixed it.

Spidersfury 03-06-2020 08:25 PM

And how exactly do you do this?

Spidersfury 03-10-2020 03:53 AM

Are you guys using Windows 7 or something to "fix" this? Cause on Win 10, this does not fix the game crashing on exit.

mcoy 03-10-2020 01:47 PM

I'm on Win 10, game is not installed in a protected directory, runs as admin, and eqgame.exe is set to XP SP2 and I have no issues zoning / camping. Sometimes /camp desktop will take me to login instead of all the way out, but hitting ESC a couple times exits the game completely.

-Mcoy

Coriander 03-13-2020 03:50 AM

I have this error as well, running the .bat file of course, and when I Camp Out for the session it goes black and then crashes. I'm using Windows 7 I think, and I can't get back to the character screen (I like to switch around a lot for variety).

Coriander 03-13-2020 06:57 PM

Hi, thought I posted last night. I have the same problem, crashing on exit. I think I'm on Windows 7, but of course I'm running the .bat file and not an exe. I don't know how to set it for what others are talking about.

There was one instance where (I play in Full Screen, by the way) I swapped to Windowed just as I was camping to see if it would change, and it did bring me back to the character select screen. Perhaps that has something to do with it? I would like not to have to bother, but if it's unavoidable I suppose I'll have to adapt.

Coriander 03-14-2020 04:26 AM

I've been trying this trick with no luck; no matter if it's full-screen or window, it kicks me out to desktop. I went into Settings for the file I run, but found no way to make it compatible with anything, so if there's any advice people have I'm willing to try anything.