Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Hi !! (/forums/showthread.php?t=177679)

Kayle 01-13-2015 07:37 AM

Hi !!

Hello there !

I Tried P99 in 2011, but i had to stop.

This time, i want to try a Cleric. I Never played healer, and i think i'll do a Dwarf Cleric ;)

How is P99 going for new players ?
Is there a lot of "new" players ? Or maybe low levels rerolls that group easily with "strangers" ?

Of course I'll can solo undeads, but i'd like to play in a group as much as possible.

Thank you, i'll install EQ Platinium tonight

snakebite 01-13-2015 08:37 AM

I also just came back after a stint in late 2010. I was afraid the server would be too top-heavy and the exp scene barren, but I've been pleasantly surprised. There are plenty of genuinely new players and plenty of twinked alts who are open to grouping with the newbies.

Play at high-population hours, be willing to travel, and start groups yourself. You'll usually find some action. Send lots of tells and keep in mind you don't always need a full group - you can well in a duo or trio.

If you do need to solo you may want to consult this guide.

Kayle 01-13-2015 08:47 AM

Thank you very much!

I'm reassured :)

Reading the guide atm ^^

Sidelle 01-13-2015 09:26 AM

Welcome to the server. For the most part people are really good to new players. You might run into jerks from time to time but they are totally outnumbered by the generous and helpful types that made my own newbie days so much fun. :)

TheDoja 01-13-2015 11:18 AM

If you play on Red - the grouping is more consistent and due to the group bonus EXP. People will travel a couple zones just to join up. A lot of twinked chars will group also due to the bonus.

More importantly, if a spot is extremely crowded, you can have some fun and try to put a group together to contest the camp.

maskedmelon 01-13-2015 11:37 AM

Population is booming. There is plenty of low level action to be had with new players, naked alts and twinks alike. I've only encountered a handful of group averse players in the 3-4 years that I' VE played here.

Kayle 01-13-2015 11:45 AM

Wow! Thanks all.
Just texted a friend, and he will join me on blue serv :)
Sounds like we will have fun !!

webrunner5 01-13-2015 12:55 PM

Welcome Aboard. Yeah, this server is great no matter what level you are, Blue or Red as of late. Best thing going by far. :)

Feathers 01-14-2015 03:51 AM

I've only played on Blue, but it's awesome for new players. The newbie zones are populated and lots of fun.

I say do a human cleric. The Raincaller. Qeynos if fun!

Kayle 01-14-2015 05:04 AM

Started yersteday a High Elf woman Cleric ^^ named Yori :)
She's 3, and i had a lot of fun trying to find bank, GM ect... First time I play a HE