Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Overall, which is more solo-able and why? (/forums/showthread.php?t=61565)

Malrubius 01-19-2012 12:41 PM

Overall, which is more solo-able and why?

Pally or SK?

Doors 01-19-2012 01:56 PM

SKs due to snare and fear kiting with a pet. May take forever but doable. Paladins also do significantly less damage.

Arillious 01-19-2012 02:15 PM

Sk's are only efficient solo tank class... and even then not very efficient.

godbox 01-19-2012 03:37 PM

Sk's hands down like arillious said but I gotta disagree with the efficiency comment ya SK isnt a necro thats for sure and I could be wrong but for what a SK can do spell wise they seem like pretty capable soloers the whole way. of course behind necro bard mage but still good.

Grozmok 01-19-2012 04:17 PM

I solo'd a lot on my SK back in the day. It's a major fucking pain in the ass, but it's totally do-able.

You have quite a few things working in your favor as an SK:

Feign Death
Lifetap
Fear
Snare (Clinging Darkness)
Pet (Free DPS and can keep a mob distracted long enough to let you run away or FD)
Locate corpse

Arillious 01-19-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godbox (Post 528120)
Sk's hands down like arillious said but I gotta disagree with the efficiency comment ya SK isnt a necro thats for sure and I could be wrong but for what a SK can do spell wise they seem like pretty capable soloers the whole way. of course behind necro bard mage but still good.

I meant not efficient when compared to necro, bard, druid, shaman, mage, wizard. Definitely viable.

Nagash 01-22-2012 09:43 AM

I don't have first hand experience but I imagine a 40+ paladin with deepwater helm and root must be able to do some impressive stuff. If the mob can be rooted and is not a caster, it's dead although it will probably take the paladin a couple of weeks to kill the mob due to his dps being on par with that of an anorexic oyster.

burkemi5 01-25-2012 12:20 AM

paladins with some sort of UD proc weapon can do some decent soloing if you fight the right monsters

Arteker 01-27-2012 07:58 PM

paladin can solo, its hard and painfull but doable.

They can self heal/root/pacify and once they got stuns very good taking casters mobs(wich is a trouble for wars monks).

Once they hit 45 enters the dw helm wich is a lovely heal wich reduce downtime quite alot.

sk rely to much in fear kite pet, wich is less viable in most dungueons , while paladin with his pacify root can fare better.

of course if take a paladin alot to solo a mob but very doable.

Giovanni 02-02-2012 05:38 AM

Video tutorial of how to solo as a shadowknight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtNj9...=youtube_gdata