Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Reptilian advice (/forums/showthread.php?t=371584)

DoodyLich666 11-13-2020 07:52 PM

Reptilian advice

So, I’m a seventh level iksar warrior, and I have leveled almost exclusively in the Field of Bone thus far. I am seeking a change of scenery. What are some spots around Kunark that I should go check out? Am I better of exploring around the Lake of Ill Omen or the Swamp of No Hope?

LoganVivisected 11-13-2020 08:19 PM

I did LOIO until I was 10 on my Iksar SK. FOB is just too full right now. It's a big zone but not 50+ levelers and another 2-3 PL teams clearing NE big. Kurns is a bit of a joke right now too; you have necros soloing single spawn points most of the day and not many healers around to actually run a group up top or in the basement with yet, (though I have had a little success lately with the few Iksar shamans there are hitting Kurns levels). LOIO is certainly more sparse but you'll likely get more kills in as a melee. Highly advise you to get a bow too to cut down on people snagging things from in front of you with spells.

Zuranthium 11-13-2020 08:24 PM

The Lake is large and full of omens. Venture out ye lil lizard and discover the fruits of Kunark.

Maelstrom 11-13-2020 08:29 PM

When you see a bunch of Iksar leveling in the noob yards of Freeport, you know FoB gotta be bad lol

Gustoo 11-13-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maelstrom (Post 3211586)
When you see a bunch of Iksar leveling in the noob yards of Freeport, you know FoB gotta be bad lol

People go there for buffs and access to friends and leveling areas they are more familiar with.

Additionally, generally, kunark EXP was bad, and probably is here too. Sony saw the writing on the wall that people are too good at grinding and slowed it down but gave them more mobs.

Zoolander 11-14-2020 07:35 AM

kurns tower

best exp up to lvl 20, even better than any other lowlvlzone in classic. and its around the corner of fob.....

Cen 11-14-2020 11:59 AM

Kurns is the best.. but not right now it isn't :p

Exard3k 11-14-2020 01:49 PM

All zones next to Cabilis are good 1-10 zones (maybe except for warsliks). And at lvl 10, consider Kurn's Tower or continue in LoiO, Swamp or Field of Bone.

Or just check out the old world. Unrest once you are lvl 12-13, North Ro/Oasis....the classics. Lots of low level zones/dungeons. Najena/Befallen are great dungeons.

DoodyLich666 11-14-2020 03:02 PM

Thanks all! I checked out Lake of Ill Omen, and I easily grinded out to 8 without seeing another person last night. I made a decent amount of money compared to what I was making in Field of Bone as well!
About Kurt’s Tower, if I go in there at level 10 will I be able to actually crawl around there successfully, or are there just a few tenth level spawns at the entrance?

Lizard1 11-14-2020 03:08 PM

i went to kurns there was nothing to kill and people were arguing i went right back outside