Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Erudite Caster Starting Stats (Agility) Poll (/forums/showthread.php?t=348501)

TheDudeAbides 01-23-2020 10:31 PM

Erudite Caster Starting Stats (Agility) Poll

I've never rolled an Erudite Caster before but I have played an Erudite Paladin (Where the 5 points in agility at creation makes sense

I've scoured threads and there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus. The discussions are never class specific. Just a generalized "If you're an Erudite you must put 5 points into Agility)

I understand sub 75 AGI gives a significant hit to AC, but on a Necro for example does this really matter? You're not really tanking and you're a cloth class. It's not like you're rolling in AC to begin with and your gear does not give much AC anyways

Wouldn't those 5 points be better spent elsewhere?

DMN 01-23-2020 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides (Post 3073234)
I've never rolled an Erudite Caster before but I have played an Erudite Paladin (Where the 5 points in agility at creation makes sense

I've scoured threads and there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus. The discussions are never class specific. Just a generalized "If you're an Erudite you must put 5 points into Agility)

I understand sub 75 AGI gives a significant hit to AC, but on a Necro for example does this really matter? You're not really tanking and you're a cloth class. It's not like you're rolling in AC to begin with and your gear does not give much AC anyways

Wouldn't those 5 points be better spent elsewhere?

You picked perhaps the worst erudite to put the 5 points into agility because it's a class that makes good use of str, cha, sta, wis. Essentially those points could be doing you a lot of good elsewhere, while you simply just get yourself some silver plated leggings.

You gave a necro for an example, so where else you going to put the points on a necro? Sta? And get like 10 hit points at like level 60? Additionally casters are viable to kill things naked, so your naked stats will be more relevnt for CRs and such. And i don't even udnerstand he logic of "I aleady have low AC why should I care about getting more"? Would you say the same thing about hit points on a caster?

TheDudeAbides 01-23-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMN (Post 3073240)
You picked perhaps the worst erudite to put the 5 points into agility because it's a class that makes good use of str, cha, sta, wis. Essentially those points could be doing you a lot of good elsewhere, while you simply just get yourself some silver plated leggings.

You gave a necro for an example, so where else you going to put the points on a necro? Sta? And get like 10 hit points at like level 60? Additionally casters are viable to kill things naked, so your naked stats will be more relevnt for CRs and such. And i don't even udnerstand he logic of "I aleady have low AC why should I care about getting more"? Would you say the same thing about hit points on a caster?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgH9BxnfhMw

DMN 01-23-2020 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides (Post 3073253)

It's a good thing I wrote it, then.

TheDudeAbides 01-23-2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMN (Post 3073259)
It's a good thing I wrote it, then.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=30

DMN 01-23-2020 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides (Post 3073275)

Yes, you've found the proper forum this should probably be posted in, since you don't seem to be interested in any qualitative discussion involving the topic.

TheDudeAbides 01-24-2020 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMN (Post 3073276)
Yes, you've found the proper forum this should probably be posted in, since you don't seem to be interested in any qualitative discussion involving the topic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMN (Post 3073240)

Pyrocat 01-24-2020 12:48 AM

Erudite Paladin is a great choice. I would skip the 5 points in agility as you will almost assuredly get that from gear. If nothing else it makes the gear selection game more interesting.

Jimjam 01-24-2020 04:37 AM

For real casters, not paladins, i would go 5 agi and then all remaining points in strength. Not a joke post.

Asteria 01-24-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides (Post 3073275)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMN (Post 3073276)

I voted 5 in AGI like DMN said - I agree with him in this case.

Imagine thinking you gotta curse like a sailour to make something RnF-worthy and thinking that not cursing automatically makes you sound completely decent like DMN seems to.