Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Game Mechanics: Trakanon's Teeth Zone Lag??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=101722)

killa0885pve 03-11-2013 11:37 PM

Trakanon's Teeth Zone Lag???

Anyone else having trouble with Trakanon's Teeth?
This is the only Zone i've come across this but as soon as i Zone into TT, My ping spikes out to like 120,000 or some stupid shit.

I have 3 mates also who are playing from Western Australia, and the problem has hit us all. None of us can really zone in or out of TT. This problem is not just my end if 2 others from completely different locations are expierencing the exact same problems.

I Zone out of seb and within 20 seconds of being in TT, my ping skyrockets. Same problem with my 2 mates playing.

Any help appreciated.

Alovia 03-12-2013 12:12 AM

This is an issue that happens to quite a few people. Nilbog as stated that its not anything on the server.

I personally have not experianced it.

But I get at least 1 /petition a day from somone who is trapped in TT because of the lag.

killa0885pve 03-12-2013 01:17 AM

Any suggestions on how we can help, or what we can do to avoid this. (Apart from the obvious which is avoid the zone.) I hunt in Seb a lot and cant help but have to zone out sometimes.

Rather strange that its effecting multiple people but you say it's not server side.

Just curious if its maybe location based, e.g. is it just Oceanic community lagging here? some Guide/GM called Enrosh assisted me today and was from Australia, has same problem.

maximum 03-12-2013 09:07 AM

Bugs forums are for server-side issues. Technical Discussion would be the best place for PC/client-side issues.

Calabee 03-12-2013 09:33 AM

i have a thread about it thats been around since kunark launch, apparently it happens to people outside the US... *shrug*

Jenni D 03-12-2013 09:39 AM

i always go LD in traks teeth. its so bad i cant even go to seb anymore

Labanen 03-12-2013 10:56 AM

yeah happens to me from time to time, its not consistent when it will happen, like some days its not at all, other days its every other time. so i have a hard time troubleshooting it. Since some people never get it though i have no problem believing its not a serverside issue... bloody annoying none the less

Barkingturtle 03-12-2013 11:00 AM

Happens to me when I zone in but corrects itself after about three seconds.

I'm in Iowa, so I'm not sure it's a regional thing since you can't get more 'Merica than Iowa.

Tobius 03-19-2013 02:52 PM

This has only recently started happening to me, and it's horrible, I need to camp something there but I don't know what to do about it.

SirAlvarex 03-19-2013 04:02 PM

This sounds a lot like the old Sola/Permafrost issues. I don't have any issues in TT, but I have my FPS locked to 60fps (which was the fix for SolA and Permafrost back in the day). Have any of you that are having issues tried locking your FPS through the ingame options?