Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Coming back to game, I main bard but want sort of an opposite alt (/forums/showthread.php?t=292654)

Cen 03-04-2018 07:55 PM

Coming back to game, I main bard but want sort of an opposite alt

Thinking Cleric/Enchanter/Monk or something.

I like pretty much any role I just want to sort of get an opposite feel from the bard.

I do have a shaman but I am sort of over him.

The bard is very active, requires attention, powerful control, speedy, but can't bind, can't port, can't rez etc

So I was thinking I might go with an easy to play class which is either a full melee or caster that has some kind of niche that my bard wouldn't fill. Just so I can hop off one and onto the alt and sort of feel like im someone completely different I guess ;p

Also i'm not wealthy at all. Budget 500pp max.

Haghar 03-04-2018 08:23 PM

Is there a question in here?

Cen 03-04-2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haghar (Post 2669124)
Is there a question in here?

There isn't a question because I tend to formulate all my posts so that they are statements that leave myself open for important points that allow me to learn better.

I'm kind of like a sign language gorilla like that.

Haghar 03-04-2018 08:42 PM

Need to brush up on my gorilla sign language. To address your non-existent question, if your main is a bard I don't recommend an enchanter - they share too many facets. Monk is super fun and very cheap to gear. If I were you I'd go monk and not twink - earn everything yourself. Do the headband / shackle quests - venture to EC and sell bone chips for a trance stick, etc.

If/when I make a new alt that's what I plan to do.

Cen 03-04-2018 08:49 PM

I think I might do that. Honestly, I know everyone says its iksar or nothing but.. I might go human because they look pretty nice ;/

Haghar 03-04-2018 08:52 PM

Blackburrow is super great. The gnoll fangs are amazing experience. If you choose Qeynos and go that route, I recommend BB until you can reliably kill (once you have a magic weapon/gloves) will-o-wisps. The greater lightstones are good money and experience near the NK gypsy camp.

Foxplay 03-04-2018 09:06 PM

For something completely different that fills a role Bard cannot, from your list of given options and budget I would go with cleric for the following reasons

1) Bard can't really heal, their songs help over a long time but no class really heals like a cleric can - with the exception of a torpor shaman but that is endgame and expensive. It's nice having access to a healer, why not have a healer that can rez?

2) People love clerics, easy to get groups and cheap deals or free hand me down wisdom gear

3) Much easier gameplay than Bard. Sit down watch everybody else do stuff. Heal them from time to time, gets easier and easier at higher levels with complete healing and beefier tanks

Maliant 03-04-2018 09:12 PM

Monk is a pretty active class as well. Rogue is probably the easiest, laziest class to play and they are always in demand.

Cen 03-04-2018 10:30 PM

Think i'm going to do a male DE cleric and female human monk both ;D

Arkanjil 03-04-2018 11:26 PM

Cleric or Druid sounds like a few classes that you would find fun. Druid for being able to port and cast sow. Cleric for a might lighter play style, but still necessary.