Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Guild Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Recommendations for casual guilds?.. (/forums/showthread.php?t=310783)

Daj 11-14-2018 01:21 AM

Recommendations for casual guilds?..

Hey people! Undecided yet but may be looking for a laid back casual guild to join. What ones would you guys recommend??

Highest level is only 34 and I'm not always hard core into the grind of levelling. Often getting distracted with other things such as faction questing, chilling, buffing and helping people out, upping tradeskills, adventuring, etc...also prefer if discord/voice chat isn't required.
Thanks!

Nexii 11-14-2018 04:11 AM

Kittens if you aren't 60.

Hibbs 11-14-2018 05:07 AM

Reroll join Auld Lang Syne!

Maliant 11-14-2018 08:13 AM

KWSM and TSS are both good casual guilds that I don’t think have a level requirement to join.

feniin 11-14-2018 09:44 AM

Gotta use discord (text at least) for Kittens.

Ssouky 11-14-2018 12:44 PM

Azure Guard :)
Join us. Casually kill nice stuff and get nice shinies while enjoying most of the content in a friendly and helping environment.

loramin 11-14-2018 01:07 PM

Start here:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Guilds:Guild_List

That page breaks the server's guilds into three categories: casual, raid, and top-content raid. Despite all the raid guilds trying to recruit you here, casual really seems to be what you're looking for.

Now when you get to say 45, and you're interested in casually raiding, then you'll want to look at the raid guilds.

Personally I can recommend Anonymous as being great for that, because we don't force anyone to raid ... although you do need to show up more than once in a blue moon if you want to actually win anything. We also have two fixed raid nights a week for Plane of Air (lots of cool/unique gear) and Halls of Testing (dragon armor). You can plan around them, show up to one, show up to both, skip both some weeks, etc. and no one will care. And of course we do a variety of stuff on other nights (again 100% optional).

But for now it doesn't quite sound like you're ready for that, so I'd look at those casual guilds in the wiki.

P.S. We (and I think almost all guilds) do require Discord during raids. However, we don't require speaking in Discord, just listening.

tsuchang 11-14-2018 02:02 PM

Dawn Believers. No pressure to do raids but ya can if you've got the levels.

Danth 11-14-2018 07:49 PM

A note of warning (as Loramin hinted at) with respect to the mid-tier and high-end guilds on P1999: There aren't any genuine casual guilds inhabiting that portion of the game. They pretty well all advertise themselves as casual-friendly, but what that means is they tolerate casual players. Most of them are in actuality more driven than the typical "hardcore" guilds in the original game. Long story short, the actual casual guilds on the server, for the most part, don't post on this forum. Those few which do seldom keep their threads bumped. If you want to join a bona-fide casual guild check around in-game for guild tags you've never seen on here.

Danth

Daj 11-15-2018 01:56 AM

Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone, it's appreciated! Wasn't expecting all the responses tbh haha
Not too interested in raids right now but maybe in the future...and have pretty much zero experience raiding, my play time is somewhat unsteady due to work and rl. So mostly would just be looking for a chill, no drama, friendly, respectful guild. I'll definitely poke around more and research! Thanks again and safety in your p99 travels!! :D