Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Druid VS Shaman in Vanilla (/forums/showthread.php?t=371441)

Gustoo 11-12-2020 01:12 PM

Druid VS Shaman in Vanilla

We had the ultimate Druid V Shaman thread, it was a good discussion.

So how about with a level 50 cap in classic era? Ogre walks out of the swamp into the South Ro desert and there is a druid out there. How does it go down?

magnetaress 11-12-2020 01:38 PM

With cheetah up the druid runs away lol.

I think with a good manapool, spec in evok, they could interupt and nuke the ogre before the ogre could heal itself fast enough. That ogre would be really scary though.

DRAGONBAIT 11-21-2020 02:00 PM

first thing off, druid starts pumicing the hell out of the just zoned-in shaman. Were there pumices in classic ? i started in kunark era xd never ever played in classic only : (

PD: rogean plz new server starting in classic era thanks

Knuckle 11-21-2020 02:06 PM

It's 100% a skill matchup, who dispels/cures better, in a nuke fest the shaman should be fine with bash interrupt giving him time to channel heals. If shaman has pet even more so gg. If druid has charmed pet maybe favored(unless dispelled and aggroes) in south ro the pet pickings are pretty weak though so just a nice distracting maybe pull wolf aggroes for a minute.

Overall though, if the shaman can land ebolt and bash cures, the kill pressure favors shaman as their dots are more powerful.

But I would reiterate you could have a druid vs shaman duel go 20 different ways depending on intelligent mana conservation. A druid casting nukes that cant instantly end the fight is going to be forced to run or die.

source: have had far too many druids attack me outdoors as a shaman for about 4 years.

Tune 11-21-2020 02:34 PM

The more offensive person is probably going to lose the battle

With that being said if both people turtle up. The shaman has a big advantage. Cani, sowed pet, slam. They will win the mana battle.

If the druid has any kind of mr gear or brains he can always just run away so 90% this is going to be a cats game

BiG SiP 11-21-2020 02:50 PM

depends on the level of unemployment

White_knight 11-21-2020 03:05 PM

Depends on who stays in the game longer. Both have gate, heals, cures.

Would depend on setup too...does shaman have pet up?

Ogre "could" slam a druids cure/heals casts to get extra damage in.

Both have sow to so ranging nukes/dots etc is a thing too.

I would give a slight advantage to Ogre shaman IF they had pet up, and has their HP/regen spells UP and protected.

Realistically this would be a grind down till someone felt uncomfortable so they gate.

magnetaress 11-21-2020 03:18 PM

South ro is an advantage to druid as well because they can gate back to s ro after using a manastone or something. Meaning druid can constantly apply a dot, run away and come back.

I thought thread was about getting a YT.

@ 50 druid has a fair chance of landing stuns on a walmart shaman and shaman has to stand nexto druid to bash.

Pets easily feared. Or just ignored.

Snakeskin jerkins and split paw hide stuff is cheeep and can be bagged in a ee bag and held for that one time u really hate that shaman, and none of that can be pelled away by shm.

guess it depends on how bad the druid hates u and how prepared they are to go @ u and what the shamans situation is.

Is shaman wearing as ton of hp+ gear? if so they don't have as much mr or mana... is shm good at canidancing? idk...

Really aggressive druids can be very dangerous if they get a 1st strike and choose the playing field, time. Don't underestimate a conjuration windy nuke spell in classic interupting pells cures and heals. It sucks to be on the defensive with half ur hp instantly gone. Then druid can just wait till u start casting. two of those are on different refresh timers...

Think druid can even charm the shamans pet onto shaman lol.

As a long time druid player, 2v1 shamans has always been pretty easy as a druid and some other class. They are far from invulerable. So I may just be looking at this with rosy tinted glasses tho. I try not to 1v1 ppl unless i feel like losing because I actually suck at pvp.

----------kunark changes the game a lot and makes turtling more viable

In Vanilla, turtling can get u killed easily because the other guy can someitmes kill you 3x over.

With RZ item loot this gets even funner! Because now cheep gear like snakeskin and splitpaw is clearly awesome as it can easily be replaced and gives a very clear advantage.

(this is why we need a vanilla RZ item loot server) bring back fast paced, decisive victories, let the nuke classes rule. Tis the best style of pvp. Wars decked in rubicite and mr trinkets should be like the lambo u bring out to settle a bet after 1 month of hardcore farmin on ur druids.

magnetaress 11-21-2020 03:48 PM

Druid bound in oasis would be a fun fight in s ro... has two points of entry, gotta guess which one it is... - also in modern times can zone real fast )

on a fresh classic, vanilla box, druids could dominate that zone for awhile, could even bring the innothule zone line into play leading the enemy there, having good swim speed and disapearing into the swamp in order to get back and hold s ro at the zl... fast --- pegi cloak --- maybe even XD

making the other guy plug out of s ro permanently/over and over is a win

every 15 mins u gotta turtle and try to survive, druid gates. LOL

Kokkusho 11-21-2020 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiG SiP (Post 3215874)
depends on the level of unemployment