Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Game Mechanics: Mobs losing aggro after a certain amount of time? (/forums/showthread.php?t=411892)

Ooloo 12-07-2022 03:50 PM

Mobs losing aggro after a certain amount of time?

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's intended behavior, but I've never seen it before in all my years playing here.

While camping the goblin gazugi ring, I will often pull the placeholder off to the side and root him if I need to afk for a bit since the PH respawns are only 30 seconds apart and I don't want to lose track of the PH (people who have done this camp will know what I mean).

Even if root wears off, the mobs are all such low level that I know I'll be safe just standing there while it beats on me until I make it back to the computer.

Today though I noticed that if the mob stands there beating me for long enough, it eventually just seems to give up and it de-aggros and just starts wandering away as if I had never engaged it. I tested this behavior and it's definitely happening. I had always thought a mob that is aggroed on you will never lose aggro unless you run far enough away and it leashes.

Sadly at the goblin ring camp, when this happens it means the mob mixes back into the pack of mobs in that field and I have to go hunting for the PH again.

Jimjam 12-07-2022 04:23 PM

10 min non agression mem blur classic. Got evidence against?

Ooloo 12-07-2022 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3541703)
10 min non agression mem blur classic. Got evidence against?

Not at all, I just honestly have never seen that happen in like twenty years of playing this game haha, seemed like it *might* be a bug. I asked in /guild and /ooc and nobody had heard of that ever happening.

So does this mean that if you're sitting afk medding in innothule swamp and a froglok tadpole jumps you, it will leave you alone after 10 minutes?

Jimjam 12-07-2022 04:36 PM

Yeah. Tbh i don’t have evidence for it being classic. Maybe p99 just put it in for anti zone disruption purposes (hiding in a hidden spot of SK with Quimllane trigger).

Vsai 12-07-2022 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3541707)
Yeah. Tbh i don’t have evidence for it being classic. Maybe p99 just put it in for anti zone disruption purposes (hiding in a hidden spot of SK with Quimllane trigger).

Patch Notes: Monday, February 13th, 2017

Haynar: Entities will be dropped from an NPC's hatelist after 10 minutes of adding no additional hate.