Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Patch Notes: Sunday, February 10th, 2019 (/forums/showthread.php?t=317067)

loramin 02-11-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwjohns (Post 2858885)
What exactly is a "push"? I've heard it being called in raids to "push" the mob. What are people doing at that point?

Short version (I'm no melee player, but Cecily taught me the basics in Seb once): when you attack a mob and you are standing close enough to them, you move the mob slightly in the direction you are facing. Currently if you get a bunch of people to all face the same direction and stand close enough, they can collectively "push" the mob far enough away from where they started casting to interrupt their cast.

I'd refer you to the entry into the "Advanced Techniques" page on the wiki, except there's no point since this is going away soon. And amazingly enough before I even had a chance to fix it myself, Caiu went and added a note already. God I love the wiki :)

kwjohns 02-11-2019 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2859012)
Short version (I'm no melee player, but Cecily taught me the basics in Seb once): when you attack a mob and you are standing close enough to them, you move the mob slightly in the direction you are facing. Currently if you get a bunch of people to all face the same direction and stand close enough, they can collectively "push" the mob far enough away from where they started casting to interrupt their cast.

I'd refer you to the entry into the "Advanced Techniques" page on the wiki, except there's no point since this is going away soon. And amazingly enough before I even had a chance to fix it myself, Caiu went and added a note already. God I love the wiki :)

Thanks for the explanation!

Haynar 02-11-2019 11:16 PM

When melee hit a mob. Or a spell with a push component. It moves them. If they move too much. It interrupts a spell. Currently mobs get interrupted too easily.

H

Meiva 02-11-2019 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haynar (Post 2859147)
When melee hit a mob. Or a spell with a push component. It moves them. If they move too much. It interrupts a spell. Currently mobs get interrupted too easily.

H

I do recall that as late as PoP expansion, that we could push mobs. I don't recall if it interrupted casting, and I doubt it did. Will your patch allow for mobs to be moved via the push, but not interrupt the cast? Moving mobs with melee push was classic. I'm not certain that interrupting their casts was. Likely not.

Rygar 02-12-2019 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meiva (Post 2859166)
I do recall that as late as PoP expansion, that we could push mobs. I don't recall if it interrupted casting, and I doubt it did. Will your patch allow for mobs to be moved via the push, but not interrupt the cast? Moving mobs with melee push was classic. I'm not certain that interrupting their casts was. Likely not.

As I understand it pushing a mob will remain unchanged, the only thing different is a mob will never interrupt it's casting from a push.

Cecily 02-12-2019 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rygar (Post 2859190)
As I understand it pushing a mob will remain unchanged, the only thing different is a mob will never interrupt it's casting from a push.

So basically nothing changes for AM?

Rygar 02-12-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecily (Post 2859295)
So basically nothing changes for AM?

Is this a cleverly disguised zinger? Did AM recently allow a dragon to gate via push interrupt fail?

Cecily, bringing the salt since 2012!

Raev 02-12-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haynar (Post 2858319)
Fixing NPC spell interrupts due to push. NPCs should not be interrupted by push. Ever. Reduce rates of bash interrupts for higher level NPCs.

Flee stuns, baby! Another great TAKP copy would be FD mechanics.
  • NPCs here get new linger timers on reaggro if they haven't begun homing
  • Monks get an increased chance to blur per fd attempt here which I believe is egregiously wrong. You can FD off 5-10 shrooms somewhat consistently with a minute of chain FDs.
  • Everyone gets 1-2s of no-aggro after standing which I don't believe is correct (npcs should just only check every so often, meaning there is a decent chance you could get lucky, but it shouldn't be guaranteed)
  • Sneak/invis does not prevent reaggro after FD

It's a gigantic nerf to the monk class which is sadly sorely needed here. FD splitting is supposed to be hard.

Also no hate from spells out of melee range on belly casters would be excellent. It would make it a lot more interesting to pull all of the lords and ladies out of TOV trains. Witness checks would also make things much more interesting there.

And I'm not sure how we managed to get rogues back to sneaking everywhere, but that should go.

Thanks for all your time! I would hope that porting some of these mechanics over would be . . . not too hard?

Rygar 02-12-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raev (Post 2859399)
Also no hate from spells out of melee range on belly casters would be excellent. It would make it a lot more interesting to pull all of the lords and ladies out of TOV trains. Witness checks would also make things much more interesting there.

Maybe a slight complication if this does get implemented, but I'm near certain unresistable spells should still land on belly casters outside of melee range (not sure how P99 currently works, but from some research I've come across this seems classic).

So then if not compensated for, Wizard's can cast Porlos' Fury on belly casters outside melee range and generate no agro from it. Would be fun to see a group of wizzies trying to nuke down a ToV dragon though, curious how many it would take on that cooldown timer.

Cecily 02-12-2019 03:41 PM

Oh come on. It’s funny because they’re bad.