Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Inability to type certain characters (/forums/showthread.php?t=4553)

Rize 03-20-2010 12:57 PM

Inability to type certain characters

For some reason, I cannot type any certain characters in the chatbox, such as + = [ ] { } " ' etc.

Anyone know why or know how to fix it? Thanks.

Rogean 03-20-2010 05:33 PM

Vista/7 Issue, not sure if there is a fix.

Rize 03-21-2010 01:42 AM

Okie dokie, thanks.

yaaaflow 03-21-2010 07:54 AM

I had this problem in XP, changing my keyboard settings from English (international) to English (US) resolved it for me.

Plutomoon 03-21-2010 04:04 PM

I run windows 7 and its the first time I have been able to type the special letters while playing an emu server.

Language is set to US(united states) if that helps

yt2005 03-26-2010 08:25 AM

My old Windows 7 laptop worked fine, my new Windows 7 laptop isn't. They're both x64, but the old one was Professional and this one is Home Premium.

I noticed that while = signs and " ' marks don't show, there are other odd effects such as the ] button entering a [ and the \ button entering a ]

The current keyboard layout is English (United States)

Xumosa 04-26-2010 11:10 PM

found a fix for this if anyone still needs it it was driving me crazy so determination kicked in lol here it is...

1) Open Device Manager
2) Click on "Keyboards" to open the tree.
3) Right-Click on "Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard" and choose "Uninstall", then click "Ok".
4) Right-Click on "Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard" and choose "Uninstall", then click "Ok".
5) Right-Click on "Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys" and choose "Uninstall", then click "Ok".
6) Click on "Human Interface Devices" to open the tree.
7) Right-Click on "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" and choose "Disable", then click "Ok".

You do not have to reboot.

Tallenn 04-27-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xumosa (Post 52401)
found a fix for this if anyone still needs it it was driving me crazy so determination kicked in lol here it is...

1) Open Device Manager
3) Right-Click on "Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard" and choose "Uninstall", then click "Ok".
4) Right-Click on "Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard" and choose "Uninstall", then click "Ok".
5) Right-Click on "Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys" and choose "Uninstall", then click "Ok".
7) Right-Click on "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" and choose "Disable", then click "Ok".

Worked like a charm. Note that while you do not have to reboot, you do have to re-start P99 (if you are in it) in order to be able to type quotes and so forth.

Rogean 04-27-2010 09:44 PM

http://www.rogean.com/images/brilliantedit.jpg

Spud 04-29-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xumosa (Post 52401)

1) Open Device Manager

Wow... your rule.

thanks alot, worked great.