Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Most fun lateral thinking or unusual XP methods (/forums/showthread.php?t=330966)

Lojik 08-12-2019 05:49 PM

Is this just for priests or any class?

On my shaman it was fun using the cazic neck (fear undead.) It was awesome from low 40s to 53 or so on spectres and spectral keepers in TT. Spectres in feerott would tend to keep turning inside the caves, and they move slow so fear isn't a big deal. The keepers are low hp but nuke, but they use long casting wizard nukes so 2.0 second fear (spamable) is no problem interrupting. They also don't social aggro, and you can pull them into where ganak is for easier pathing. This would have been really fun with other toys like jbb and blight hammer, but I was poor.

Fear also interrupts even if the enemy is rooted. Pretty useful if you're doing vkr and want to prevent slow on party members.

Crede 08-13-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lojik (Post 2946751)
Is this just for priests or any class?

On my shaman it was fun using the cazic neck (fear undead.) It was awesome from low 40s to 53 or so on spectres and spectral keepers in TT. Spectres in feerott would tend to keep turning inside the caves, and they move slow so fear isn't a big deal. The keepers are low hp but nuke, but they use long casting wizard nukes so 2.0 second fear (spamable) is no problem interrupting. They also don't social aggro, and you can pull them into where ganak is for easier pathing. This would have been really fun with other toys like jbb and blight hammer, but I was poor.

Fear also interrupts even if the enemy is rooted. Pretty useful if you're doing vkr and want to prevent slow on party members.

Never knew this, seems kinda OP. Is this classic?

Jibartik 08-13-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 2941919)
My friend Rimidal on TAKP once pulled an add on purpose and mezzed it to prevent a named from fleeing at low hp so he would have time to kill it without getting trained. I had never thought of using additional monsters to prevent flee.

I love this strat a lot, but of all the classes that need to worry the least about a fleeing mob (meaning they have like many, many reliable and often, instant ways to stop it) its the one that can do this trick lol

Wallicker 08-13-2019 05:55 PM

If splitting a room full of healers and you don’t have mez/calm you can pull a really weak mob get it low and watch them burn all their mana healing the scrub through the wall then kill them. Great way for a melee to split a room with annoying shamans who slow and heal

AegnorP99 08-14-2019 01:38 PM

I used a few less obvious kite methods with my wizard that were kinda fun, though still pretty simple. Both require a good clicky robe nuke.

1. Snare a mob, run to a corner, click robe, kite the mob while the cast timer moves, get back to the corner right as the nuke goes off, immediately re-cast and kite, etc. It took me a long time to realize you just need to start and end your cast in the same location to prevent an interruption, but it's a pretty neat trick when you get the hang of it. Having to re-root every couple casts is annoying!

2. This one requires a bio orb in addition to a clicky robe. Just snare a mob, blind it with the orb, robe nuke while mob runs around aimlessly, re-blind and re-nuke until it's dead. Works really well as a ghetto fear in open areas.

Like I said, both are pretty simple, but wizards are super straight forward and don't have a ton of tools, so I did the best I could!

Jibartik 08-14-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallicker (Post 2947144)
If splitting a room full of healers and you don’t have mez/calm you can pull a really weak mob get it low and watch them burn all their mana healing the scrub through the wall then kill them. Great way for a melee to split a room with annoying shamans who slow and heal

haha ok now this one I havent heard before but I love the moxie :cool:

Benanov 08-14-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jibartik (Post 2947108)
I love this strat a lot, but of all the classes that need to worry the least about a fleeing mob (meaning they have like many, many reliable and often, instant ways to stop it) its the one that can do this trick lol

Pulling green trash will also work. The mob doesn't have to be mezzed, it just has to be nearby (it doesn't even have to have aggroed) and you'll have no runners. Whether this is good or bad is pretty situational.

The

Quote:

This is friggin' genius.

Quote:

Fear also interrupts even if the enemy is rooted.
I knew about using fear to prevent healers (I try to fire off a heal at about 45% when soloing) but didn't realize it'd work on rooted mobs too. Then again, Shadowknights can't root all that often.

My contribution to this thread is in Kurn's tower, Spook the Dead / Fear is amazingly effective crowd control. The undead are completely antisocial and won't bring any friends. You can simply fear off all the extras and hit them when they come back. It's not incrediblye out of the box, but it blew my mind the first time I saw someone else do it.

Izmael 08-14-2019 03:16 PM

If you have two mobs you need to split but you can't do it through regular means (calm, FD, etc...), you can aggro some other (ideally low level) mob that will be assisted by the target mobs and kite him into the assist range of one mob, but just outside of the assist range of the other.

Assist aggro only spreads once, one mob will come, the other will stay there.

stebbins99 08-14-2019 03:34 PM

Damn there is some sweet stuff in this thread!

Videri 08-14-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izmael (Post 2947498)
If you have two mobs you need to split but you can't do it through regular means (calm, FD, etc...), you can aggro some other (ideally low level) mob that will be assisted by the target mobs and kite him into the assist range of one mob, but just outside of the assist range of the other.

Assist aggro only spreads once, one mob will come, the other will stay there.

Very nice. Splitting for classes that can't split.