Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Largest plat deal ever? (/forums/showthread.php?t=390357)

unsunghero 08-24-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robot (Post 3350811)
Yeah that AM farm crew had me tilted for a long time I remember them. They were the neckbeardiest of players I've ever seen on any everquest iteration live or private. They had alts parked at the fountain in hate for Magi, lvl 52 tov geared alts parked at vox and naggy, and some lvl 60s parked in SE corner of fear for golems. Pretty sure they did not miss a spawn like ever, no matter what day or time that shit popped they were on in under 30seconds ready to pull every time. It got to the point where some guild was actually sitting on the temples reclearing the trash for the entire spawn window to get golems. Not long after that the GM's made it so Golems were considered raid targets and you could no longer camp out inside or sit on the spawns to kill them.

I will never forget that time that AM farm crew wiped on a golem at like 12% and he went into flee mode and I ran up and finished it off, got the kill and he dropped double slime bloods. I linked that shit in /ooc with the biggest grin on my face, ever. Needless to say they were pretty mad and I received quite a few hate tells from them, even though I didn't break any rules. Got the kill fair and square. Really wish I had been able to clip that but my shadowplay wasn't working at the time.

I'd be curious to know how much total plat they made in that time frame selling drops from those mobs. It had to be several million assuming they sold every earth staff, white scales, epic piece MQ they got. There was quite a few RMT accusations thrown their way. I had a brief convo with either aikons or conda, someone on their farm squad, when I was on the fear tracker and he claimed they needed the plat to fund guild recharges, throwing out some crazy number like they were spending 500k+ a week to recharge. It seemed high to me but I have no idea if it was true or not.

Goes to show what turbo sweaties they were that they would get bent out of shape over a single mob when they had gotten every one previous with the knowledge they would probably get every future one too

Non-functional people…

Tunabros 08-24-2021 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robot (Post 3350811)
Yeah that AM farm crew had me tilted for a long time I remember them. They were the neckbeardiest of players I've ever seen on any everquest iteration live or private. They had alts parked at the fountain in hate for Magi, lvl 52 tov geared alts parked at vox and naggy, and some lvl 60s parked in SE corner of fear for golems. Pretty sure they did not miss a spawn like ever, no matter what day or time that shit popped they were on in under 30seconds ready to pull every time. It got to the point where some guild was actually sitting on the temples reclearing the trash for the entire spawn window to get golems. Not long after that the GM's made it so Golems were considered raid targets and you could no longer camp out inside or sit on the spawns to kill them.

I will never forget that time that AM farm crew wiped on a golem at like 12% and he went into flee mode and I ran up and finished it off, got the kill and he dropped double slime bloods. I linked that shit in /ooc with the biggest grin on my face, ever. Needless to say they were pretty mad and I received quite a few hate tells from them, even though I didn't break any rules. Got the kill fair and square. Really wish I had been able to clip that but my shadowplay wasn't working at the time.

I'd be curious to know how much total plat they made in that time frame selling drops from those mobs. It had to be several million assuming they sold every earth staff, white scales, epic piece MQ they got. There was quite a few RMT accusations thrown their way. I had a brief convo with either aikons or conda, someone on their farm squad, when I was on the fear tracker and he claimed they needed the plat to fund guild recharges, throwing out some crazy number like they were spending 500k+ a week to recharge. It seemed high to me but I have no idea if it was true or not.

welcome to top 10 things that never happened

Robot 08-24-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunabros (Post 3350905)
welcome to top 10 things that never happened

Lol ok ?

It happened but whatever you say bud. I will take a KWSM members word based on 2nd hand info on it over my own experiences going up against their farm crew on a weekly basis, sure.

Disease 08-24-2021 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsunghero (Post 3350901)
Goes to show what turbo sweaties they were that they would get bent out of shape over a single mob when they had gotten every one previous with the knowledge they would probably get every future one too

Non-functional people…

Rent due turns people into monsters.

Twochain 08-24-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsunghero (Post 3350901)

Non-functional people…

The goofiest part about that is... A surprising number of these power EQ gamers are actually successful IRL. Aikons is a lawyer, Sirfloppin owns a business, dudes like Venice and Furoar have money + businesses, There was long standing rumors about Eliashib working for daybreak although that's just a rumor. It makes sense, as if you apply the assertive, hyper motivated and educated behavior to a real life venture, i'm sure you get positive results.

Basically, a lot of them don't have standard 9-5 jobs where you cannot game at a moments notice. I'm sure there were a few in mommies basement though.

unsunghero 08-24-2021 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twochain (Post 3350959)
The goofiest part about that is... A surprising number of these power EQ gamers are actually successful IRL. Aikons is a lawyer, Sirfloppin owns a business, dudes like Venice and Furoar have money + businesses, There was long standing rumors about Eliashib working for daybreak although that's just a rumor. It makes sense, as if you apply the assertive, hyper motivated and educated behavior to a real life venture, i'm sure you get positive results.

Basically, a lot of them don't have standard 9-5 jobs where you cannot game at a moments notice. I'm sure there were a few in mommies basement though.

Did they confirm this or was it just some keyboard warrioring?

“How many hours do lawyers work? Most lawyers work more than 40 hours a week. It's not uncommon for lawyers (especially Big Law attorneys) to work up to 80 hours each week. On average, according to the 2018 Legal Trends Report, full-time lawyers work 49.6 hours each week.Jul 20, 2021”

My first job ever was a file clerk to an inheritance dispute lawyer and although he was not in the office often, it did appear that he was pretty busy

For a business owner that can probably wildly vary. I’d have to see some serious proof before I ever believed the claims of some random from the internet though reg their profession

bomaroast 08-24-2021 09:02 PM

I can't remember the monks name or even the guild that we were in but there was a monk that bought some Barbarian Flayed Leggings from Aftermath maybe 3 years ago. He payed a cool 1 million plat. He farmed king in trios for about a month straight. I personally made about 350k being a part of the crew. The monk promptly logged off and never showed up again, LOL!

Also, I"m successful in my own way. I've ran a business for the last decade and have it dialed-in to the point where I only work about 15 hours a week on average. I don't make a ton of money, enough to get by and save a little, but I'll never be rich. I'd rather have my time to do as I please. That being said.. I did finally quit logging in recently. It's been nice. I have *so* much free time now. I've been catching up on my reading backlog.

Solist 08-24-2021 09:31 PM

Derubael took at least 1.8mil from my banned accounts, plus a few manastones etc.

So who knows, probably Kinsawt's final RMT sale? Kluwen and co maybe individually not so high but as a group, 10's of mils.

branamil 08-24-2021 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsunghero (Post 3351079)
Did they confirm this or was it just some keyboard warrioring?

“How many hours do lawyers work? Most lawyers work more than 40 hours a week. It's not uncommon for lawyers (especially Big Law attorneys) to work up to 80 hours each week. On average, according to the 2018 Legal Trends Report, full-time lawyers work 49.6 hours each week.Jul 20, 2021”

My first job ever was a file clerk to an inheritance dispute lawyer and although he was not in the office often, it did appear that he was pretty busy

For a business owner that can probably wildly vary. I’d have to see some serious proof before I ever believed the claims of some random from the internet though reg their profession

Umm.. for "business owner".... he literally just sold magic the gathering cards out of a strip mall and played EQ at work. So... yeah

Gustoo 08-24-2021 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twochain (Post 3350959)

Most of everyone on p99 that is level 60 and has any key are both doctors and lawyers IRL. Can confirm.