Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Best PvP: P99, EQ, or EQ2? (/forums/showthread.php?t=333607)

noob0021 09-11-2019 02:10 PM

Best PvP: P99, EQ, or EQ2?

Hi there! I'm never played any Everquest game (so please be gentle), but I want to but confused as to which version of EQ is the best for me. I not really concerned with the "hardcore" aspects of P99 (although given the choice I prefer them). But for me the main thing is World PvP and rare/hard-to-obtain high-level weapons that allow me destroy anyone without those weapons. Do you think Everquest 2 satisfies these criteria?

quido 09-12-2019 01:37 PM

Try Rise of Zek 2.0 when it launches in November - easily the best EQPVP experience out there these days.

www.riseofzek.com

Rick Sanchez 09-12-2019 02:22 PM

DAoC had the best PVP of any MMO hands down.

Built in 3 realm/faction system, made for constant action and the best dungeons in the game we're open to all contested which made for some great memories, also a honorable mention was warhammer online. Links provided below to servers that have actual population.

DAoC Link
https://playphoenix.online/

Warhammer Link
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/about.php

iamnotsalem 09-12-2019 06:31 PM

Ya roz 2.0 easily the best experience these days, but still a pile of shit

Zuranthium 09-13-2019 01:22 AM

Guild Wars 1 is the best PvP ever, but that's not open world.

iamnotsalem 09-13-2019 01:05 PM

You were terrible on red99, your opinion is trash

Sirban 09-13-2019 09:03 PM

I liked eq2 better tbh

Gustoo 09-17-2019 05:59 PM

Item loot high risk life makes good PVP.

Without risk its just not as fun. Losing for sake of losing is playing street fighter or any truly pvp games.

EQ games are about strategizing risk vs reward. Making a plan, making a trap. Being prepared for traps. Luck. Victory.

On this server I am pretty garbage in pvp game because I am west coast and zone so slowly. It really sucks. On live I always had an advantage there and here I just ghettoconnect due to server situation and it makes pvp pretty sad.

Videri 09-17-2019 08:53 PM

Isn't it true that on every PvP Everquest server, a guild eventually gets larger than all other guilds and starts to win more often because of that? Everquest doesn't seem to have a mechanic that counteracts a snowball effect.

I guess our characters are like snowballs. We add more snow (levels, gear, skills, spells) to the snowball at the fastest rate we can manage, and we make choices that will speed up our accumulation of...snow, I guess.

Gustoo 09-18-2019 12:30 PM

Eventually there is usually a dominant guild that raids most effectively until it implodes or something.

On high pop servers on live 2 or 3 were active on rallos zek but like ascending dawn was the bigger one.

With no pop servers its pretty much 1 guild at a time.

On item loot servers all the low level stuff is still fun and it doesn't matter so much what goes on at level 60 when the game is all about attending dragon death events.