Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Should I reroll? (/forums/showthread.php?t=196109)

Zheddar 05-31-2015 06:49 PM

Should I reroll?

Hello, I have a 20 ranger and when I started I thought putting all my generation points into agi would help with archery. I have been reading around, and it seems that agility has next to no impact on anything here on P99. Should I reroll, and have I screwed up this toon?

Swish 05-31-2015 07:00 PM

Velious armors and weapons will help any ranger reach the cap (255)... you could reroll if you've got the time and patience, but looking long term I don't think I'd worry too much.

Rangers are one of those classes where str/sta/agi/dex are all important in different ways.

HeallunRumblebelly 05-31-2015 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 1917201)
Velious armors and weapons will help any ranger reach the cap (255)... you could reroll if you've got the time and patience, but looking long term I don't think I'd worry too much.

Rangers are one of those classes where str/sta/agi/dex are all important in different ways.

If you start raiding, stats are irrelevant as the gear/buff situation in velious is full-on retarded. If you don't raid, fuck stats and ball hard.

And if you do raid on a ranger, they'll mostly ask you to sit places for long hours and tell people to come kill this shit :3 Though that lessens in velious a little!

Swish 05-31-2015 07:49 PM

Even grouped, end game shamans will buff those 4 stats to a high standard - you won't be lacking ;)

If you'd picked a gnome enchanter and put all points into dex I'd reroll that, but as a ranger you'll still be fine... that dex will do great to trigger weapons with an effect on them :)

B4EQWASCOOL 05-31-2015 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 1917236)
Even grouped, end game shamans will buff those 4 stats to a high standard - you won't be lacking ;)

If you'd picked a gnome enchanter and put all points into dex I'd reroll that, but as a ranger you'll still be fine... that dex will do great to trigger weapons with an effect on them :)

He said agility - which is useless. Reroll now. You'll put a lot of time into your Ranger. Have no regrets. If you were 45+, I'd say don't bother. 20 levels, especially now that you probably have some gear and XP WEEKEND, go fast.

suppresso 05-31-2015 08:16 PM

Swish never fails with these damn Gif's

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 1917201)

Omnifiend 05-31-2015 08:27 PM

Honestly, starting stats only really matter when you don't have gear. So I guess you have to make the decision for yourself...does it matter to you that much to throw away 20 levels? You'll cap just about everything in Velious if you do any sort of raiding. Even semi casual, if memory serves.

Zheddar 05-31-2015 08:50 PM

Thank you for the replies and insight. I mostly solo and just wondered if I had completely screwed the pooch on where I put those points.

theguyy 05-31-2015 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zheddar (Post 1917191)
Hello, I have a 20 ranger and when I started I thought putting all my generation points into agi would help with archery. I have been reading around, and it seems that agility has next to no impact on anything here on P99. Should I reroll, and have I screwed up this toon?

Only reroll if you're really serious about the game. Since you made a ranger you don't care about min maxing anyways so I'd stick with what you have.

Zheddar 06-01-2015 12:24 AM

I checked the base stats and saw that I must have only put 10 points into agi at character generation. Looks like it's not as bad as I thought. Thanks again everyone!