Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   your hopes for red99 2.0 (/forums/showthread.php?t=338304)

pink grapefruit 10-27-2019 08:02 PM

your hopes for red99 2.0

Green is out, which means it's time to get hyped for Rogean's true passion project: EQ pvp <333

It's time to roll all our red characters into blue and start the green experience with PVP ENABLED imo! Blue servers get old and bad after x many years, but this problem is so much worse on a pvp server. Server MUST reset every ~3ish years.

And I still say the absolute best thing for Project99 on the whole would be to merge blue into red and simply turn green pvp, but it doesn't seem like they're gonna go for this. Next best thing? Teams server. Bluebies love the teams idea; just ask them! And we really need lots of bluebies to sustain a healthy server population.

So what are your hopes for red 2.0??

Frug 10-27-2019 08:04 PM

> So what are your hopes for red 2.0??

That more than 19 people play it?

WaffleztheAndal 10-27-2019 08:06 PM

Red's community was, without a shred of a doubt, THE most toxic group of people I have ever witnessed in a game.

P99's PVP scene does not seem worth many resources.

Keza 10-27-2019 08:07 PM

Actual game design supporting pvp in a game that wasn't designed with pvp in mind and the permanent ban of all current and former red players from the server.

Also teams. You got me on that one. I do like the idea.

Danger 10-27-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink grapefruit (Post 3003352)
Green is out, which means it's time to get hyped for Rogean's true passion project: EQ pvp <333

It's time to roll all our red characters into blue and start the green experience with PVP ENABLED imo! Blue servers get old and bad after x many years, but this problem is so much worse on a pvp server. Server MUST reset every ~3ish years.

And I still say the absolute best thing for Project99 on the whole would be to merge blue into red and simply turn green pvp, but it doesn't seem like they're gonna go for this. Next best thing? Teams server. Bluebies love the teams idea; just ask them! And we really need lots of bluebies to sustain a healthy server population.

So what are your hopes for red 2.0??

What a great and constructive thread, ignore these toxic blue cyberbully players who generate more work for the CSR team than the 17 saints of red (peace be upon them)

Cant wait for red 2.0. Teams, FFA, item loot or not I'm down.

Vivix 10-27-2019 08:34 PM

I think PvP is a nice way to deal with players sitting on camps all day but the game doesn't seem balanced for it.

pink grapefruit 10-27-2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danger (Post 3003358)
ignore these toxic blue cyberbully players

no. their concerns are valid.

when red99 1.0 started in november 2011 it had several different types of players. a few years later it died, largely due to player toxicity chasing off anyone who could not survive in a toxic environment. red 2.0 may very well be the last chance for classic eq pvp, and if we want it to thrive as more than a meme we need to learn from our past mistakes.

pvp servers used to be where all the roleplayers hung out, and had a great many casual or niche guilds. eq pvp is great not for a FPS-style mmo with elves, but because it added another dimenstion to the game... one of social depth, that is simply lacking on blue and green servers.

so imo. we need to do something to limit toxic behavior, and encourage positive interactions amongst the players. i honestly think we need to make red 2.0 bluer than any eq emu pvp has ever beeen.

Droxx 10-27-2019 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danger (Post 3003358)
who generate more work for the CSR team than the 17 saints of red (peace be upon them)

Because you run every GM off of that toxic wasteland too.

Endorra 10-27-2019 09:00 PM

My main hope is that it never happens.

Sporkotron 10-27-2019 09:30 PM

a new red server wont be popular

there is no way to make eq pvp be anything but a grief fest