Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Are you guys sick of Velious already? (/forums/showthread.php?t=221016)

Lojik 12-06-2015 04:15 PM

Are you guys sick of Velious already?

Let me temper this post a bit by acknowledging that I just started playing again after not really playing much over the past two years.

That being said, almost all the zones in velious are dead: East Wastes, great divide, kael, velks, SG, CS,tofs, iceclad. This is even at times when the pop is around 1100...the zones i listed have an average of 3 or 4 (including myself) players, velks had 2 but /who all seb showed 20 people.

Did you guys want 4 more years of kunark?

Malbolshia 12-06-2015 04:18 PM

The other day me and some buddies of mine were in velks.

The mobs there at the entrance were all DB con, dident seem to hit our tank too hard, but with me (enc) hasting our rogue, bard and pally tank, druid nuking between healing with our cleric mean healer, each mob took forever to kill.

Seems like with all the HP they have, its really not that efficient xp.

Seems that way for all zones in Velious. Big hitpoint pools, with low ZEM and xp per kill.

Better xp in Kunark IMO.

Morlaeth 12-06-2015 04:21 PM

Yeah velious was never known for exp.

jcr4990 12-06-2015 04:38 PM

Kunark is significantly better xp. It's really not even close. Some ppl knew that going into Velious and others it took them a bit to realize it.

iruinedyourday 12-06-2015 04:39 PM

I woulda been fine w/ 4 or 40 more years of kunark.

XDrake 12-06-2015 05:04 PM

:p

Some things from live didn't translate over, and part of that was Kunark included. :)

LOIO used to have 100 people. Lucky to have 7 at any time.

FM has groups chilling out on the zone walls.

I always thought HS got a lot more love on P99 than live.

I remember FV being a bustling hub for a long time into Kunark launch. Sometimes people even selling there.

Some zones just didn't get the same love. As for Velious? Iceclad, GD, and EW definitely had more love. Kael is as busy as it was in live from what I remember.

I think a big difference to is we have a lot of people... But peak times don't see 2k. Sunday nights on EQ back in the day? 2500-3000 people. We literally had double the population at all times.

I love Velious is in game. More raid content, new challenges, and lots of really cool quests people can work on on their own or in groups.

Honestly, I was getting sick of Classic and then getting sick of Kunark...

Velious to me was the crown of EQ before it went in a direction I personally didn't like.

Oleris 12-06-2015 05:10 PM

give cats on moon

Thulack 12-06-2015 06:02 PM

People are never happy. 6 months ago everyone "when's velious, We want velious". Now veious has been out for 4 months "We are bored with velious". Lol

Raev 12-06-2015 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lojik (Post 2129885)
Let me temper this post a bit by acknowledging that I just started playing again after not really playing much over the past two years.

That being said, almost all the zones in velious are dead: East Wastes, great divide, kael, velks, SG, CS,tofs, iceclad. This is even at times when the pop is around 1100...the zones i listed have an average of 3 or 4 (including myself) players, velks had 2 but /who all seb showed 20 people.

Did you guys want 4 more years of kunark?

I think it's a confluence of difficulty and reward. Velious has a substantially higher degree of difficulty, yet most of the items aren't really better now that Kunark has been farmed so hard for years. I figured armor gems would be expensive, but the bottleneck there is the quest pieces/faction, so even BP gems only sell for 7k (and falling).

Swish 12-06-2015 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thulack (Post 2129952)
People are never happy. 6 months ago everyone "when's velious, We want velious". Now veious has been out for 4 months "We are bored with velious". Lol

Its more than that, someone was asking for leveling advice in a thread about a month ago without saying "I want to min/max to 60" so I suggested some Velious xp'ing and was promptly shut down by about 3-4 people, then again by a couple more after I had a rat about this exact thing.

Take Velious back out imo, the community doesn't deserve it with all the whining and min/maxing :o