Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What should happen in a post-sleeper Velious? (/forums/showthread.php?t=227173)

Thadeus 02-01-2016 01:51 PM

What should happen in a post-sleeper Velious?

Just so my position is clear, I think waking the sleeper was a selfish and petty move to rob the rest of the server of content. I didn't anticipate ever seeing the inside of Sleeper's Tomb, but that's a permanent 4 dragons that nobody will get to slay again, and EQ doesn't need any less things to do. Unfortunately polls can't enforce a 3/5ths law on Taken/Rampage members, so you'll just have to be counted as whole people.

Baler 02-01-2016 01:55 PM

Restart the sleeper event every 6 months is my vote.
Not allowing the same people to do it the next time, only every other time.
Like a guild raid rotation of sorts.

snow_man 02-01-2016 01:55 PM

GM's already said they would reset it before Sleeper got woken... Unless you'll have your key in the next few months (aka forsaken/asgard), it won't impact you.

Ele 02-01-2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snow_man (Post 2179927)
GM's already said they would reset it before Sleeper got woken... Unless you'll have your key in the next few months (aka forsaken/asgard), it won't impact you.

Got a source for that?

Waking the Sleeper also introduces new content: http://wiki.project1999.com/Essence_Lens_Quest

Sadre Spinegnawer 02-01-2016 03:39 PM

Reverse the progression. Undo each patch in order, then re-lock Velious, do Kunark-vanilla for 5 years, then relock Kunark, etc., all while at the same time draining chars of exp anytime they kill something, until we all are level one fighting over bone chips. Then restart the progression again.

Zebuxoruk compels you.

Baler 02-01-2016 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer (Post 2180039)
Reverse the progression. Undo each patch in order, then re-lock Velious, do Kunark-vanilla for 5 years, then relock Kunark, etc., all while at the same time draining chars of exp anytime they kill something, until we all are level one fighting over bone chips. Then restart the progression again.

You sadistic fuck,.. I love it! :D

Ravager 02-01-2016 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer (Post 2180039)

I think you're on to something.

azeth 02-01-2016 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ele (Post 2180023)
Got a source for that?

Waking the Sleeper also introduces new content: http://wiki.project1999.com/Essence_Lens_Quest

false. unassociated to the sleeper event. this is Luclin.

Daldaen 02-01-2016 04:06 PM

Luclin launch please.

I want to raid Seru, Vex Thal, Ssra, The Deep and Akheva again please! Fantastic raid mechanics finally come in, great AAs and Spells that balance classes, so gooood

Ele 02-01-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azeth (Post 2180052)
false. unassociated to the sleeper event. this is Luclin.

No, it is a late Velious addition, post-sleeper awakening by Brotherhood of the Spider. Also introduced on servers that hadn't woke the sleeper.

Earliest appearance of Malalafel was September 2001.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=115