Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The price of Circlet of Shadow is going up faster than I can save plat. (/forums/showthread.php?t=308516)

katrik 10-08-2018 04:35 PM

I'm so fucking thankful to get my hands on one at the beginning of the year. I think I paid 8k for it.

Cen 10-08-2018 04:35 PM

Be like cecil and cast away the darkness, and the evil economy will have no hold on you anymore. Pick up a big ass flaming sword for free, or learn to use big D heals and be a grape.

spectrefax 10-08-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravager (Post 2789338)
You know what still drops? Plat. You know what doesn't? Pre-nerf CoS. People have spent years on this server pining for that one special item they always wanted and still don't have it because the BS and time is too much to get it. At least with Pre-nerf CoS all you have to do is farm things you were probably going to farm anyway and pay for it.

See thread title.

Pringles 10-08-2018 04:42 PM

These were pretty cheap six months ago so I bought like 20. Used a few different random ec bankers and advertised WTB CoS 20k for a couple days and actually bought two at that price. Waited another month while the market price on them trended upwards from 20k as it usually does when I do this kind of EC manipulation then offloaded all of my CoS for a tidy profit.

whelp that's my story

Nixtar 10-08-2018 05:03 PM

Rather than saving up plat for a pre-nerf CoS I retired my necro. Nothing is worth grinding for plat to make EC flippers lives easier.

An enchanter is superior in the end anyways and cheap as dirt in comparison. Once you get into the enchanter it is also a lot of fun (and you're amazing in a duo, trio, or group). Might be a bit of a bore on raids but meh, you can always make a more raid specific character like a rogue or something.

Ravager 10-08-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spectrefax (Post 2789358)
See thread title.

See my post.

Just because you can't save enough plat in a week doesn't mean you can't do it at all.

ScaringChildren 10-08-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pringles (Post 2789362)
These were pretty cheap six months ago so I bought like 20. Used a few different random ec bankers and advertised WTB CoS 20k for a couple days and actually bought two at that price. Waited another month while the market price on them trended upwards from 20k as it usually does when I do this kind of EC manipulation then offloaded all of my CoS for a tidy profit.

whelp that's my story

You're like a P99 George Soros

Zabbix 10-08-2018 05:17 PM

Not ogre!

Pringles 10-08-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScaringChildren (Post 2789374)
You're like a P99 George Soros

I prefer Gould personally.

Sorry about your bio orbs, beads, and AoW legs new monks. Manastones going from 250 to 400k thanks for that one Ella. Tanking the haste market by being the first to discover(credit due to Ratto) the felspine PH and farming him so hard they nerfed his spawn chance and the rarity of belt drop.

tl;dr EC is aids but at least you have enough plat to inject yourself daily to cure said aids.

Ravager 10-08-2018 05:33 PM

EC is aids. Everyone can do better in the EC forum. Make a post, name your price, bump till you get it and save your time and sanity.