Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Favorite Deity/ God? (/forums/showthread.php?t=334141)

Krone90 09-18-2019 10:22 AM

Favorite Deity/ God?

When i was playing in the old days of live, i loved reading about the gods. And was wondering who everyone likes, be it looks, or backstory story or what not.

I always loved the look of Solusek Ro/ Terrin Thule :D

Jibartik 09-18-2019 10:38 AM

I dont per say like the god Bertoxxulous but I totally love the story of his acolytes the Bloodsabers and Varsoon the Undying.

Chortles Snort|eS 09-18-2019 10:55 AM

PrAS CT 👏🏽

Muggens 09-18-2019 11:25 AM

Solusek Ro ~|||~ and Rodcet Nife <3

Bardp1999 09-18-2019 11:58 AM

Master Wu the Enlightened was transformed into the Demi-God of Serenity before the Planes of Power happened. As a parting gift before giving up his plane's existence due to the mortal's interference, he created a katar consisting of 5 blades that each represented 1 of the 5 aspects of Serenity. This weapon was given to a monk and entrusted to the Ashen Order at T'Narev to guard until it was needed again.
It was used in the Battle of Defiance, where it struck the killing blow against the Avatar of War, and then consequently shattered. Each blade was entrusted to a monk to guard, but each monk ended up going their separate ways. Some of them being corrupted by evil.

azeth 09-18-2019 12:06 PM

Rodcet Nife

Izmael 09-18-2019 12:07 PM

There isn't a favorite deity, there's only one: Innoruuk. The others are his puppets.

honeybee12874 09-18-2019 12:27 PM

Gotta go with my bae Tunare <3

Gustoo 09-18-2019 12:31 PM

Bristlebane for sure.

Solusek Ro is cool too.

Ennewi 09-18-2019 12:41 PM

I've always liked the story/mystery behind Norrath's lesser (known) characters more, particularly the named sphinxes in Rathe Mountains and their once intended connection to / involvement with the Paladin epic, but also...

Mayong seeking godhood/demigod status, at one point having Maestro's graphic only to be returned to dark elf form and then of course removed.

Tserrina being a dark twist on the classic tale of the princess needing to be rescued from an isolated tower.

Firiona acting as a sort of elven Joan of Arc, initially depicted as a Wizard with robes and a scepter, then later revealed to be a Paladin.

D'Lere exerting his authority over an entire city except for the business district surrounding the bank...somehow prevented from overtaking it by those weak, lower level nfp guards.

Dain having a scar/grimace similar to The Hound. Don't remember reading any lore about how that disfigurement came to be.

In terms of appearances in game, Tunare has the strongest fashionquest; Innoruuk and his spiffy outfit/upturned pimp shoes are a close second. Beyond the classic timeline? Mithaniel Marr or Bertoxxulous. Even though neither bear much resemblance to the original artwork, they still look the part graphically. Bertoxxulous as a demonic insect is more fitting than the elephant man/hunchback drawing of 1999. In game, Fizzlethrope always reminded me of Ratso from Midnight Cowboy. A satyr/pan/faun might have been a better fit for a trickster god, but he does have that shit-eating grin going for him at least. One thing that always seemed odd—he is the only male halfling without hair on his feet.