Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Game Mechanics: Blue Should Have Light Blue Cons (/forums/showthread.php?t=334726)

loramin 09-26-2019 12:45 PM

Blue Should Have Light Blue Cons

Quote:

We have changed the way the /consider command works. We have added a 'light blue' area between green and blue. NPCs that used to /consider green but gave experience will now /consider light blue, as well as NPCs of slightly lower level than those greens. You will always get experience for something that is light blue. You will not receive experience for greens. At the same time, by including lower level NPCs in the light blue /consider, we have increased the range of lower level NPCs that will grant experience. This will be most noticeable for characters of higher level.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_No...mber_7.2C_2001

This was the same patch that added /targetgroupbuff, and we know Blue used to have light blue cons, so hopefully this is easy to fix and just requires flipping a boolean?

The change in level (to let slightly lower mobs give XP) might be a lot harder of course ... something for Green 2.0? ;)

bigjeff100 09-26-2019 12:46 PM

Man i need that light blue text for sure!!

Gustoo 09-26-2019 12:50 PM

Yeah there was a few detailed spawn information I hope I remember next time I am solo questing through level 50. For both red and blue progessoin the non classic high detailed /con system was in place so it was easier to ID those dark blue mobs that would keep giving your maximum exp for your efforts.

Danth 09-26-2019 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From 2009. Note the lovely nonclassic song window, wacky spell gems, gamewide /ooc, multiple horizontal button bars, compass, and target /con color in target window. But it did have light blue /con!

...And it's time for light blue again.

Danth

maximum 09-26-2019 02:16 PM

Good catch on Light Blue in the timeline. P99 was "fixed back to green" back in 2014: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=155457