Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Enchanter's solo (/forums/showthread.php?t=61968)

medievalerror 01-22-2012 12:44 PM

Enchanter's solo

I was under the impression, particularly in the earlier years of EQ, that enchanters had a great deal of difficulty soloing. However, I've noticed on the forums and on the server that people say if you want to solo, enchanter is a good bet. I am wondering if someone could explain to a player unfamiliar with enchanters their solo routine. Do they rely on charms? Pets? Any info you could provide would be helpful, as I am considering taking one up. Thanks!

Muchew 01-22-2012 12:53 PM

preface: I do not play an enchanter.

It is my belief though that grinding solo is very mana ineffecient because charm is unreliable and takes a large amount of mana at lower levels. And the sword pet is pretty shitty dps compared to any other pet classes. However... you can solo (albeit somewhat slowly) and you will get a group instantly if one is available.

However, once you get to higher levels enchanters can solo/duo camps and named that others cannot just because of charm. Efreeti boot camp comes to mind.

Boombha 01-22-2012 01:07 PM

They can get a group easily?

What does an enchanter do in a group?

/has yet to be in a group with an enchanter...

Muchew 01-22-2012 01:15 PM

can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

If not, clarity/haste/mez makes them wanted in groups and slow as well at higher levels when that starts being necessary.

medievalerror 01-22-2012 01:17 PM

Enchanters do a ton of crowd control in groups--that much I know. Very difficult to do dungeon crawls without that.

Boombha 01-22-2012 01:33 PM

Nope, not sarcastic, just have not been in a group with one.

I know they can change shapes and they can have pets and clarity. That's the extent of my knowledge.

Splorf22 01-22-2012 01:35 PM

Enchanters at 50+ are the best solo class in EQ, but they are also one of the hardest classes to play correctly.

medievalerror 01-22-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splorf22 (Post 531199)
Enchanters at 50+ are the best solo class in EQ

Could you elaborate on why they are the best/how they solo?

colleekitty 01-22-2012 01:55 PM

If you're up for an in-depth, fun read on chanters, check this out: Xornns Enchanter Guide. You can also just skim the different sections that interest you to get an idea, or I'm sure someone here will enlighten you.

The Revanchist 01-22-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medievalerror (Post 531201)
Could you elaborate on why they are the best/how they solo?

they have nearly unlimited mana, they can charm kite, they can get into any city they want (if agnostic) and they can rape camps due to the amount of CC and splitting they can pull off.