Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Before another item gets synthetically inflated (Narandi's Lance) (/forums/showthread.php?t=317096)

Toodles 02-10-2019 11:23 AM

Before another item gets synthetically inflated (Narandi's Lance)

INB4 this gets out of hand, and we have another Circlet of Shadows scenario on our hands - boycott sellers advertising Narandi's lance for 10 times it's value.

We all knew this was coming, and in summary it had a 6 damage buff on it's ratio
So 20k up from 16k? Fine.

It's not worth 120k.

1203jjt 02-10-2019 11:39 AM

It's worth whatever someone will pay... Free market at work.

Octopath 02-10-2019 11:50 AM

Is it officially 44/45?

Lanzellot 02-10-2019 11:53 AM

lance was when i remember right before nerf at 120k ,but with the inflation over years on it i think it will sell for 90k :confused: we will see ,price inflation inc

rollin5k 02-10-2019 11:55 AM

the only way to control the market is to control people's minds and this post was a fail OP

Toodles 02-10-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1203jjt (Post 2857777)
It's worth whatever someone will pay... Free market at work.

Your use of the free market comment is incorrect, because the market in a game is not free nor organic.

A free market requires certain variables though most simplistically it needs competing entities and products.

Virtual markets such as these skew that because the entities(players) and the products( items) are unique in that they are not material or tangible and they are not competing. They're all selling at the same fake price because one person assigned it an arbitrary value literally over night. And nor where they a professional collector or was an appraisal done weighing all relevant factors( and trying to clone from some 'remembered' value of an item across all servers equally[?] from the original servers, is not only wildly inaccurate but also foreign as this is not the same market place).

The items have no real value and ownership, possession, maintenance or storage isn't factor. They also carry no overhead costs to try and sell. Profit and margin isn't a thing, as you have not outgoing costs.
And if you're going to quantify time spent playing as an overhead, then that's false because no one is playing only to acquire items and only to sell them to only make coin - unless you RMT.

It's also synthetic because sellers are trying to confuse and mislead buyers by using terms such as 'pre nerf' to try and explain the increase. You only do that when the asking price is not justified.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollin5k (Post 2857788)
the only way to control the market is to control people's minds and this post was a fail OP

The only thing that's going to fail is your attempt to plat roll people.

What also is bothersome about this is guilds/events who do ring war and get the lance can often roll on it. 15k isn't a massive deal. Now, they'll forego that, and claim it as a guild bank item for 'guild funding' or some other excuse to line the pockets of the guild council.

Bristlebaner 02-10-2019 12:17 PM

It's only worth what people pay...futile to try and explain away a price increase.

TheSurgeon 02-10-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toodles (Post 2857799)
Your use of the free market comment is incorrect, because the market in a game is not free nor organic.

A free market requires certain variables though most simplistically it needs competing entities and products.

Virtual markets such as these skew that because the entities(players) and the products( items) are unique in that they are not material or tangible and they are not competing. They're all selling at the same fake price because one person assigned it an arbitrary value literally over night. And nor where they a professional collector or was an appraisal done weighing all relevant factors( and trying to clone from some 'remembered' value of an item across all servers equally[?] from the original servers, is not only wildly inaccurate but also foreign as this is not the same market place).

The items have no real value and ownership, possession, maintenance or storage isn't factor. They also carry no overhead costs to try and sell. Profit and margin isn't a thing, as you have not outgoing costs.
And if you're going to quantify time spent playing as an overhead, then that's false because no one is playing only to acquire items and only to sell them to only make coin - unless you RMT.

It's also synthetic because sellers are trying to confuse and mislead buyers by using terms such as 'pre nerf' to try and explain the increase. You only do that when the asking price is not justified.

The only thing that's going to fail is your attempt to plat roll people.

What also is bothersome about this is guilds/events who do ring war and get the lance can often roll on it. 15k isn't a massive deal. Now, they'll forego that, and claim it as a guild bank item for 'guild funding' or some other excuse to line the pockets of the guild council.

Bravo. However, it is all for naught. It is abundantly clear that the vast majority of people who sit perched on their intellectual mound of shit and parrot the "Free Market" trump card have no fucking clue what it means. The only truth is that you can't control a fool, and fools here come in such large numbers that we can never keep them from dropping massive amounts of platinum for items with a value not in line with the time it takes to acquire that platinum.

enjchanter 02-10-2019 12:29 PM

How much am I allowed to sell my lance for

Octopath 02-10-2019 12:35 PM

This server hates me. First I give all my plat to a guard, next I sell my lance a couple days before the price jumps from 15k to 90k. I’m fucking done