Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   2HS wep (/forums/showthread.php?t=73115)

CrowsNest 04-25-2012 05:46 AM

2HS wep

Recommended 2HS for 45+ pally?? think mith 2h needs upgrade lol

Deverell 04-25-2012 09:18 AM

Arbitor's Combine Greatsword.

Sylexis 04-25-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deverell (Post 630407)
Arbitor's Combine Greatsword.

+1

It's cheap and its one of the best dps 2hs you can get your hand on that's so easily obtainable. Your next steps up are chardok royal drops and then Epic.

falkun 04-25-2012 12:03 PM

Besides FA/Epic (outside of VP), 2HS is not where its at for pallies. For DPS, you cannot beat the price/performance of Baton of Faith. If you want a proc, go for SotM+shield or Rod of Lamentation (or its pre-nerf Rod of Mourning version). Wurmslayer is also a decent 1H for knights.

gbrice75 05-07-2012 03:46 PM

It's been a while and I can't remember the name or stats anymore... but I recall drooling over that 2hs that drops in Chardok ... there was a 'lesser' version of the same sword. Anybody know what i'm talking about?

In the wake of Velious and especially Luclin, I remember the stats seeming ghey in comparison to the new gear, but when it came it out was the sh!t !!

Qian 05-07-2012 04:10 PM

I'm a little off topic here but...

What is the thought process about when to use a two hander, and when to use sword + shield? Is it just a matter of the quality of each one as you gear up? I seem to remember more about, if you're tanking use X, if you're DPSing use y, if you're ??? use Z...

Deezle 05-07-2012 08:50 PM

It's pretty simple, the 2 hander is for better DPS, the sword / shield combo is for tanking better OR interrupting casters with bashes. If you're in a group and tanking pretty well with the 2 hander, use that. If mana is an issue for your cleric or you're really getting whacked hard and / or your group already has good DPS, use the sword / shield. It's often a judgement call, but it's rarely a difficult decision. My best advice is to keep them hot keyed with the inventory slots in your bank of hot keys so you can swap them in and out fast.
:)

Qian 05-07-2012 11:35 PM

Makes good sense, thanks.

Nirgon 05-14-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbrice75 (Post 640058)
It's been a while and I can't remember the name or stats anymore... but I recall drooling over that 2hs that drops in Chardok ... there was a 'lesser' version of the same sword. Anybody know what i'm talking about?

In the wake of Velious and especially Luclin, I remember the stats seeming ghey in comparison to the new gear, but when it came it out was the sh!t !!

Jeldorin

Drops in Chardok during Velious era after revamp.

Come at me bros.

Phased 05-14-2012 12:53 PM

Get a Granite Face Grinder if you can afford it, if not Baton of Faith. There's almost no reason to use a 1Hander unless you get a stun resist.