Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The spirit of EQ has been betrayed. (/forums/showthread.php?t=362427)

Beldan4 06-28-2020 02:13 PM

The spirit of EQ has been betrayed.

This is no longer a classic server, not even close. Its a freaking custom, where they modify it at whim in an effort to control people. Not only that it is done in a completely heartless manner where changes to one server just bleed over to the other because they can't be bothered to keep it seperate.

I gotta ask the question, WHY ARE WE STILL HERE?

Dogma 06-28-2020 02:17 PM

Cuz all my stuff is here.

Pootle 06-28-2020 03:39 PM

Is this thread, because of your other one???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beldan4 (Post 3149968)
Ok. Fine ill speak on this again. Do you know why there's a level limit on epics? Its the ONE TIME red got to screw blue thanks to certain people not caring not to keep alterations to servers separate. People would epic characters, de-lvl them, go to zones and massacre people with their epic geared twinks.

People quote the Wiki....the wiki that has pictures of the mage epic that are from GATES OF DISCORD. Epic limitations were not part of the game till sometimes in Luclin or planes of power. YES! YOU SHOULD be able to EQUIP AND USE your epic at the lowest level.

Why didn't they change it on the mage? Don't know, don't care, I DO KNOW that THEY KNOW you can do this. I do know that you can click the thing at lvl 4....

Btw I AM ON RED, i asked blue because blue had more people. i had no idea people were gonna scream bloody murder about "exploit". I lvl in virtually empty zones. I'm not stealing anyone's exp or loot.

you seem pretty mad bro!

Beldan4 06-28-2020 06:15 PM

heh, should I not be mad that i asked a simple question and not ONE person bothered to actually answer it in that post?

Swish 06-30-2020 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beldan4 (Post 3149971)
This is no longer a classic server, not even close. Its a freaking custom, where they modify it at whim in an effort to control people. Not only that it is done in a completely heartless manner where changes to one server just bleed over to the other because they can't be bothered to keep it seperate.

Welcome to seafury loot getting nerfed on red because of the conduct of blue players. Took out a great spot for pvp :(

Supreme 06-30-2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

BECAUSE I GOT NOWHERE ELSE TO GO!!!!!!!!

Snaggles 06-30-2020 10:57 AM

Wah. My free elf sim isn’t 100% nostalgic.

Hey build a better one. All you have to do is reverse engineer archaic code based on 20 year blogs and systematically go through like 16 expansions turning off features.

It’s a very close sim attempt. It’s not 1999 but gas isn’t $1.06 either.

Old_PVP 06-30-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

I feel your pain every time i play my casters... line of sight was never classic for casting / landing spells. Wall casting was a glorious thing to behold.

Arcticflava 06-30-2020 01:04 PM

This is totally unacceptable, you should definitely ask for your money back.

Lune 06-30-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_PVP (Post 3150554)
I feel your pain every time i play my casters... line of sight was never classic for casting / landing spells. Wall casting was a glorious thing to behold.

This. 12 year old me used to get on his wizard, invis down into the highkeep basement, target somebody, then go a few floors up into the keep into some random secluded room, then nuke that person to death. That was technically not legal at the time but I was never penalized.