Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Anti-boxing1? (/forums/showthread.php?t=208914)

paroxysmal 08-28-2015 02:19 PM

Anti-boxing1?

Ok, so I am new here so please be gentle!

Why is there such a harsh anti-boxing ideology?

I have played normally and I have boxed over the years. I can do either, but boxing tends to add fun to the games that I get bored with...

I am not an obnoxious boxer, I drop my toons if theres someone wanting in the group, I buff people and am generally a helpful person.

I was a bit taken back when I came here to find out why I was restricted to one IP to find such a harsh anti-boxing stance.

Thanks for any feedback, it is appreciated :)

Qenni
lvl 3 Bard (just started last night! and am loving it)

azeth 08-28-2015 02:30 PM

Answer: If you could box, you would therefore not need another player to fill the role of your box.

-fin

dafier 08-28-2015 02:31 PM

So many threads to point you to.

Ask yourself. What is the benefit of boxing? How does that play style affect others in a negative way?

Yes, you might be able to have fun playing a Healer, tank and dps or whatever so you can just take stuff by yourself without having to interact with others, but how do you think others would feel if one person is taking a camp that normally more than 2 people would do and could get xp, gear and more from?

Do you really need to ask that question? (I am not meaning to be sarcastic)

If you really want to box, there are a lot of options out there. And, they aren't bad options.

acemac 08-28-2015 02:38 PM

boxing killed EQ its a no brainer

Spyder73 08-28-2015 02:39 PM

because if we allowed boxing the neckbeards would take over and the server would die. Look at Ragefire for a perfect example of why boxing sucks the life out of a server. Plus this is a free server, so if it was allowed you would HAVE to box or be at a huge disadvantage.

Whirled 08-28-2015 02:49 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...6GS3MqkmCuMDD4
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...hlight=boxxing

had to un-ignore some to read this, but shows how people feel about it.

Haynar 08-28-2015 03:35 PM

I boxed on eqlive. And you would come across people who basically felt you were evil, ruining the game because you boxed. Generally, many think EQ is supposed to be more of a fancy social chat program, and boxing destroys the social aspects. And boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.

P99 is where all those people ended up.

paroxysmal 08-28-2015 04:21 PM

apparently, am feeling a lot of hate thus far about it

I will let you know, I am now lvl 4 and have found 2 people willing to group with me in about 4-5 hours time

Charlievox 08-28-2015 04:29 PM

If you MUST box to enjoy the game...

Project2002

Tahlvin 08-28-2015 04:39 PM

The fact there aren't as many boxers on P99 is one of the many reasons I am here!