Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Naming problems (/forums/showthread.php?t=348268)

cuzbot 01-22-2020 06:42 AM

Naming problems

Hi, I recently wanted to change stats on a new character I had. After deleting the character and making a new character the game said the name was rejected after trying to use the same name as the previous character. This has happened twice to me.

How can this happen to me? I can understand that by coincidence someone was trying to make the character name at just the moment I deleted a toon but to happen twice seems odd.

Cen 01-22-2020 11:51 AM

If you were from Teal and you made that character before the merge, your teal character still exists. When the servers merged a green copy of your character was made and you deleted that copy. Even though teal is gone all its names are in a database that is still live.

I had the same issue. At this time according to galach they cant get your name back, but once they wipe out the teal names it will be freed up. I put an x on the name I want in hopes its fixed soon and ill petition for them to pop the X off :p

But they might not clear that database soon. I'm hoping it is, but it might be left alone until the end of green since the problem only effected so few of us and keeping the data doesn't hurt them much I'm sure data wise

BlackBellamy 01-22-2020 01:31 PM

I have a name on Blue. I created a character with that name on Teal. I then deleted him, intending to remake him on another account. I deleted the name on Blue so it would be freed up, but I am unable to use that name on any account, even the original one. I can delete and remake that name on Blue, but I am not able to use it on Green. Hopefully this wipe you're talking about comes soon.

Cen 01-22-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBellamy (Post 3071836)
I have a name on Blue. I created a character with that name on Teal. I then deleted him, intending to remake him on another account. I deleted the name on Blue so it would be freed up, but I am unable to use that name on any account, even the original one. I can delete and remake that name on Blue, but I am not able to use it on Green. Hopefully this wipe you're talking about comes soon.

If you deleted the name on the Green server post merge, then yes, this is your problem as well.

You reserved the name on the Green and Teal database by having it on blue. You created it on teal. When teal closed, your character was copied to green so you had the name now on green AND teals database. You then deleted after the merge, deleting the green character. You then deleted the blue character which just takes your name reservation away. You still have the name on teal. Teal no longer exists for us, but their teal database of names is still live.

Rogean 01-22-2020 02:24 PM

I just unlinked teal and rebuilt the name database. Try now.

Cen 01-22-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogean (Post 3071898)
I just unlinked teal and rebuilt the name database. Try now.

Looks like you got it! Thank you sir! Getting my petition back in now :D

NateGod 03-31-2020 08:59 PM

Strange this happened to me just now. Was attempting to delete a level 1 character (dark elf cleric) to start a high elf paladin but upon creation I could no longer use the name as it says rejected. Now I'm afraid to delete other characters I have created to use later. :confused: