Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   I have never played Everquest before (/forums/showthread.php?t=403834)

Nahchillhomebro 06-01-2022 10:56 PM

I have never played Everquest before

Just created a high elf cleric, I have no gear, I haven't the faintest idea where to go, the universe has been telling me to delve into this game but it is very very daunting, any sort of guide or something would be immensely helpful! Please and thank you!

Ivory 06-02-2022 06:17 AM

You must travel out into the forest and slay bats and also wolves maybe.

Then eventually follow the path to the right from your city, and it will take you to the wood elf city!! There you can find other fellows from level 3+ to battle orcs with. Eventually go into the orc stronghold of crushbone and fight them there if you get strong and brave enough!

Don't forget to get spells and things as you go!

Dural_Levant 06-02-2022 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nahchillhomebro (Post 3465111)
Just created a high elf cleric, I have no gear, I haven't the faintest idea where to go, the universe has been telling me to delve into this game but it is very very daunting, any sort of guide or something would be immensely helpful! Please and thank you!

So, one of your best resources is going to be the Project 1999 Wiki. I would start with the following page; a collection of popular Gameplay Guides written by fellow players over the years:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Player_Guides

As a side note, its interesting to see new players that are not driven by nostalgia to play this game. May I ask what drew you to it?

Bardp1999 06-02-2022 10:47 AM

Without that sweet aroma of nostalgia this game is honestly unplayable at low levels. Good luck but I doubt you will make it past level 20

Chortles Snortles 06-02-2022 11:02 AM

14/f/gfay PST
tee hee

Allishia 06-02-2022 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bardp1999 (Post 3465233)
Without that sweet aroma of nostalgia this game is honestly unplayable at low levels. Good luck but I doubt you will make it past level 20

I dunno, I think the challenge and trying to figure out things makes this game fun. Compared to most mmos you can just die over and over without any real penalties...first few corpse runs in gfay after a yellow con orc cent gets you...it's really fun /nod

Dural_Levant 06-02-2022 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allishia (Post 3465252)
I dunno, I think the challenge and trying to figure out things makes this game fun. Compared to most mmos you can just die over and over without any real penalties...first few corpse runs in gfay after a yellow con orc cent gets you...it's really fun /nod

As much as much as I HATE dying and loosing XP and levels (along with the remote possibility of loosing all your gear), I have to admit that the fear of dying contributes to what makes this game so compelling. Something is lost when you remove those death consequences.

cd288 06-02-2022 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dural_Levant (Post 3465261)
As much as much as I HATE dying and loosing XP and levels (along with the remote possibility of loosing all your gear), I have to admit that the fear of dying contributes to what makes this game so compelling. Something is lost when you remove those death consequences.

Yup. Never once in another MMO have I really bothered to explore a new area and consider what my tactics will be for a camp before doing it. I just jump in and if I die I respawn nearby with no penalty whatsoever. In EQ, especially in dungeons and at higher levels, I'll take a look at the area/camp while invis, consider the best strategy to use to handle the camp/break it, etc. and then try it and hope that it works because if it doesn't that's a big setback lol.

Nahchillhomebro 06-02-2022 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dural_Levant (Post 3465194)
So, one of your best resources is going to be the Project 1999 Wiki. I would start with the following page; a collection of popular Gameplay Guides written by fellow players over the years:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Player_Guides

As a side note, its interesting to see new players that are not driven by nostalgia to play this game. May I ask what drew you to it?

Bruh I have no idea actually, I started watching Everquest streams randomly and I was just drawn in then I started getting emails about it and I was like "this is a sign" so I figured I'd give it a shot

Dural_Levant 06-03-2022 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nahchillhomebro (Post 3465313)
Bruh I have no idea actually, I started watching Everquest streams randomly and I was just drawn in then I started getting emails about it and I was like "this is a sign" so I figured I'd give it a shot

For what its worth, welcome.^^ I genuinely hope you enjoy yourself.