Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Old School EQ Married Couple having a hard time getting past the IPBlock process. (/forums/showthread.php?t=407414)

AdaruMutani 08-30-2022 08:28 PM

Old School EQ Married Couple having a hard time getting past the IPBlock process.

My partner and I are excited about getting back to playing classic here but are having a bear of a time getting our ipblock removed so we can play together. How long does this usually take.

cdfurry 08-31-2022 07:56 AM

Same situation in my household, but we started last fall. It only took a couple days for the peitition to be actioned on the forums then. There were recently some staff/GM changes and they may still be getting situated and caught up though so hopefully they get you fixed up soon.

Just make sure you included all the information requested in your petition post.

Treefall 08-31-2022 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdaruMutani (Post 3499246)
My partner and I are excited about getting back to playing classic here but are having a bear of a time getting our ipblock removed so we can play together. How long does this usually take.

Yeah volunteer staff, it can take a while. Just don't bump or you move to the bottom.

They will take care of it.

Can always have one person play off a cell phone hot spot as a temporary fix to not share IP :P

AdaruMutani 08-31-2022 11:25 AM

Thanks Treefall that' exactly what I did last night. 5g is pretty fast i my area so just got started last night.

Thanks!

goblinmob 09-13-2022 12:57 PM

I just did the same for my wife and I! I'm curious as to how I will know if I still have to wait. Does someone just reply to your thread or a PM or something?

Anrath Bonewraith 09-13-2022 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goblinmob (Post 3504592)
I just did the same for my wife and I! I'm curious as to how I will know if I still have to wait. Does someone just reply to your thread or a PM or something?

My son and I applied, and it took about a week. We never heard anything back, we just suddenly were able to play together. If you put in the info they asked for it should happen.

Krysea79 09-14-2022 11:19 AM

I just applied as well - Hoping that it is fixed quickly. I can not even see the thread that I started.

mcoy 09-15-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krysea79 (Post 3504968)
I just applied as well - Hoping that it is fixed quickly. I can not even see the thread that I started.

Check under "resolved petitions".

-Mcoy

Valakut 10-04-2022 07:54 PM

The staff does this very routinely but it is a volunteer staff so there is usually a que of petitions they go through in bursts. IP one might need a senior admin to modify the network settings on the server.