Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Duxa not working since last update (/forums/showthread.php?t=317726)

jaldu1 02-16-2019 03:58 PM

Duxa not working since last update

Hey Team,

Anyone else having an issue with Duxa since the last patch? Every time I try to patch over the default UI with the files, its fails and I get the UIerrors.txt...

Can anyone direct me towards a different UI or known good Duxa download? I downloaded the standalone.rar from the normal place, but I can't get it to work anymore.

Thanks,

-J

Para99 02-16-2019 04:51 PM

What do you mean patch over? You shouldn't need to re-install a UI after a patch. r.

The default UI and DuxaUI should be two separate folders inside of the UIfiles folder of your P99 directory, DuxaUI shouldn't be mixed with default if that's what you meant by patch over. Several things in DuxaUI use the files in the default folder to fill in things he didn't change, so DuxaUI is not entirely independent.

Try deleting DuxaUI entirely from your UIfiles folder, unzip the stand alone DuxaUI into a different non-P99 folder, then copy and pasting the Duxaui folder into the UIfiles folder and see if that works.

Or try running DuxaUI's All in One installer instead of the standalone and then re-run the newest P99 patch after that. If that still doesn't work you can find several other UI's in this forum, DuxaUI is based on VertUI which you should still be able to find and download here.

jaldu1 02-16-2019 04:56 PM

Thanks Para. I appreciate the tip. It never fails, the minute I give up and post on the forum, I figure it out :) it's working now...

Savok 02-16-2019 06:26 PM

Whenever I patch p99 I never copy over the UI folder from the patch zip.