Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   When and how mobs flee...not classic? (/forums/showthread.php?t=342696)

slowpoke68 11-28-2019 09:04 AM

When and how mobs flee...not classic?

Have been spending a fair amount of time in UGuk and mobs don't seem to flee until they are almost dead and then at a fairly slow pace.

My recollection from classic is that one of the things that made guk so dangerous was runners. I remember them taking off like a shot when they started getting low.

I'm not saying this only happens in guk either, it is just something I have generally noticed.

Thoughts?

Purplefluffy 11-28-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowpoke68 (Post 3038133)
Have been spending a fair amount of time in UGuk and mobs don't seem to flee until they are almost dead and then at a fairly slow pace.

My recollection from classic is that one of the things that made guk so dangerous was runners. I remember them taking off like a shot when they started getting low.

I'm not saying this only happens in guk either, it is just something I have generally noticed.

Thoughts?

Factors involved include comparisons to both ones own level and hp relative to the mob, or so it seems.

Smashed 11-28-2019 10:01 AM

Yeah, on live there were plenty of places if you didn’t have a snarer, you just didn’t bother hunting there. On p99, it’s entirely optional. Sometimes things don’t run that should. And when they do run, it’s at such a low hp % that they usually won’t cause any trouble because they’re slow and don’t live much longer anyway.

Purplefluffy 11-28-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smashed (Post 3038166)
Yeah, on live there were plenty of places if you didn’t have a snarer, you just didn’t bother hunting there. On p99, it’s entirely optional. Sometimes things don’t run that should. And when they do run, it’s at such a low hp % that they usually won’t cause any trouble because they’re slow and don’t live much longer anyway.

To give an example, if you are of an equal or lesser level and both are on low hp percentages THEN it is less likely to run. Of course, if you are fighting more then it will also be less likely to run I believe.

There are quite a few differences from classic elsewhere too and some significant ones at that.

Aaramis 11-28-2019 11:43 AM

Just noticed this today in Uguk. The frogs don't seem to run when they normally should (below, what, about 20% health? 30%?. It's more like <10%, which seems off compared to when every other mob that would normally run decides to run).

Was very odd.

keithjinternet 11-28-2019 12:37 PM

I just wanna know why spectres in oasis flee, when they shouldn’t

bubur 11-28-2019 05:31 PM

that ocean does strange things to a man

Baler 11-28-2019 05:32 PM

Different NPCs flee at different health percentages.
Just how low are you talking OP? 9%?

Legidias 11-28-2019 11:58 PM

Mobs also won't flee if social mobs are close by, even through walls

Vizax_Xaziv 11-29-2019 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legidias (Post 3038766)
Mobs also won't flee if social mobs are close by, even through walls

Ahhh is this true? Never thought about it. I'd reckon this accounts for a lot of the lack-of-fleeing.

Mobs "acting through walls" has always been a problem on EQEMU in general, unfortunately.