Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Laptop Graphics card (/forums/showthread.php?t=341177)

Ayien 11-15-2019 02:23 PM

Laptop Graphics card

Hey all,

I've done some searching, but haven't found much related to my issue. I'm on a laptop for gaming (easier to move around the house when the kids settle in my gaming area). I noticed that the titanium client defaults to my intel graphics card and not my Geforce. Overall the game runs fine, but stutters from time to time. I've tried to force it to use the dedicated card, but haven't had much luck. Anyone else encounter this and/or have anything they've tried to success?

mcoy 11-15-2019 02:54 PM

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...8&postcount=14

Not sure if you have the same control panel, but this works for me to force it. Or just temporarily change the global setting to default to the "high performance nvidia card"

-Mcoy

Ayien 11-16-2019 04:58 PM

Thanks -- I tried that setting it globally and then explicitly for the EQgame client. It still defaults to Intel. I'll keep plugging away at it. Open to try anything :) The graphics are decent with the intel based graphics. It stutters from time to time. Which is most annoying when I'm pulling or running for my life. It'll stutter and I'll find myself facing a different direction.

Albanwr 11-16-2019 05:02 PM

Go into your bios and disable the intel one.

korzax 11-16-2019 06:57 PM

The stutter you are having is because of the lighting change. Lots of people are having the same problem. Various solutions are available. One is to edit the eqclient.ini file. Look for other messages about stutter. Maybe you can help; them too.

Try running the optioneditor.exe and selecting the nvidiacard, since it seems to default to your intel. Maybe that will work.