Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Tallest peak and lowest valley? (/forums/showthread.php?t=331434)

pogs4ever 08-06-2019 03:01 PM

Tallest peak and lowest valley?

I don’t remember Z height in the loc in classic 99.

But, since we have it. Does anyone know where the tallest and lowest points on norrath are?

Legidias 08-06-2019 03:08 PM

Objectively, plane of sky & the hole

Jibartik 08-06-2019 03:39 PM

Oh my god what a quest.

What a quest indeed!

https://i.imgur.com/7xDi7Nz.gif

Worry 08-06-2019 03:46 PM

I'm on it.

Jibartik 08-06-2019 03:49 PM

Whoever gets the final numbers correct deserves a GM reward.

Please post all your findings here people! This quest is the greatest quest I have ever heard! It could take months!

https://i.imgur.com/TojNJMY.gif

Xulia 08-06-2019 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pogs4ever (Post 2944480)
I don’t remember Z height in the loc in classic 99.

But, since we have it. Does anyone know where the tallest and lowest points on norrath are?

If you exclude the Planes since they could be considered separate dimensions, the highest point on Norrath is The Dreadlands' Combine Spires with the lowest point being the Crypts in The Hole.

However, if you consider that "The Hole" is also sections of the Plane of Earth it gets cloudy. So let's exclude The Hole - I would say the next lowest point would be either Kedge Keep since its entrance is already below sea level or Sleeper's Tomb for the same reasons. It would make sense for the CoV and Yelinak to want to keep as much physical earth between Kerafyrm and the rest of creation as possible. Not that it mattered...

feniin 08-06-2019 03:52 PM

Is the top of Skyshrine higher than the big Combine spire?

Xulia 08-06-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feniin (Post 2944505)
Is the top of Skyshrine higher than the big Combine spire?

Possibly - the only reason I would think the Spires may be taller is due to Skyshrine's proximity to sea level whereas the Dreadlands are already elevated well above if you consider the climb from the ocean in Overthere, through Frontier Mountains, and then across the massive western glacier.

E-Queue 08-06-2019 04:10 PM

So, is the z-axis independent in each zone? Like, if it's +100 at one zoneline, is it +100 on the other side? Or does each zone have its own z coordinate system?

pogs4ever 08-06-2019 06:05 PM

I’d think we’d have to calibrate each zones Z access to each other. Would have to start with prominence (or whatever the opposite of prominence is for valleys) and then figure out relative relation of each zone to each other ? That volcano in skyfire has some good prominence but I’m not sure it beats some of the frontier mountains. Which a lot of frontier peak mountains have cool stuff at the top worth a gander :)