Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Shaman endgame solo videos (/forums/showthread.php?t=310423)

Killval 11-07-2018 03:11 PM

Shaman endgame solo videos

Are there any videos on youtube or anything on P99 of high end geared shamans with epic/torpor/malo/fungi etc... soloing dragons in western wastes? I've heard about these gods, but all the high end soloing videos I've seen have mainly consisted on enchanters/necros/and the odd druid or whatever else mixed in, not much in terms of videos from the shaman? Does anyone have a channel name or twitch stream or video they can recommend I wanna see these beasts in action?

Morticon 11-07-2018 03:23 PM

Troutjerkyy has one with him on Colal against Yeldema -- https://www.twitch.tv/videos/322672044?t=01h38m43s

Legidias 11-07-2018 03:26 PM

Enjoy watching a video for 45 minutes + of just clicking torpor, clicking slow, clicking dot.

Killval 11-07-2018 03:33 PM

hahahaha i know its a battle of attrition but just the simple fact of someone solo being able to do is quite insane you know? and thanks for the link i knew it was out there somewhere

Killval 11-07-2018 03:52 PM

holy crap torpor is immensely overpowered.

Tecmos Deception 11-07-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killval (Post 2804804)

Torpor is great, for sure. But it's the whole package that makes shamans SO powerful. Torpor can't keep up without slow. Mana will run out without canni. Etc.

Any solo class is like that pretty much. The solo (well, and duo, and trio) powerhouse classes each have a few spells that really work off of each other to make the class so powerful overall. Something something force multiplier.

Sure chanter charm is OP, but without slow a charmed pet still eats shit, and without runes and stuns a chanter has 0 chance to recover from a charm break. Sure lich is OP, but without lifetaps it'd just get the necro killed, and without more dots mobs would always wear the necro/pet down before it's dead. And so on. Maybe you don't always need all of the keystone abilities of a class to solo something tough... something's immune to slow or whatever... but generally that's how those classes end up so capable in solo, synergizing their force multiplier spells.

commongood 11-08-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception (Post 2805029)
Torpor is great, for sure. But it's the whole package that makes shamans SO powerful. Torpor can't keep up without slow. Mana will run out without canni. Etc.

Any solo class is like that pretty much. The solo (well, and duo, and trio) powerhouse classes each have a few spells that really work off of each other to make the class so powerful overall. Something something force multiplier.

Sure chanter charm is OP, but without slow a charmed pet still eats shit, and without runes and stuns a chanter has 0 chance to recover from a charm break. Sure lich is OP, but without lifetaps it'd just get the necro killed, and without more dots mobs would always wear the necro/pet down before it's dead. And so on. Maybe you don't always need all of the keystone abilities of a class to solo something tough... something's immune to slow or whatever... but generally that's how those classes end up so capable in solo, synergizing their force multiplier spells.

Yeah, I agree with this. I think the reason Torpor gets all the lime light for the shaman is that it’s the only one if it’s kind. Canni and slow the shaman gets early in life but no other heal prior to Torpor has even a hint of the brutal efficiency of Torpor. If it was just the best version of a spell line you got early, like Demi Lich for the necro, then yeah it probably wouldn’t be thought of quite as reverently

commongood 11-20-2018 05:38 PM

Found this old video I did of me splitting and killing A4 halflings on my shaman: https://youtu.be/7ApokDSMAZA

Killval 12-02-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception (Post 2805029)

Hahah forgot about this thread but came back to see you comment, super cool I watch your Enchanter vids a lot on my second monitor when I'm playing on my Shaman/Enchanter/Necro... also I agree totally man, like there's something really special about how they were able to synergize these classes from the get-go, especially those 3 classes I listed above Shaman/Enchanter/Necro they all are super well designed with very little fluff, sure there's some off dumb spells like Necro destroys plants or w/e but for the other 98% or so of design is hardly rivaled by anything else out in any MMO games I've personally played.

kyrobo 12-04-2018 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killval (Post 2804804)

Dude made more than one mistake that would have been game over any other way, and still did the job. That's ridiculous.

One day that'll be me fuckin' up and still comin' out on top :B