Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Shaman Race? (/forums/showthread.php?t=230671)

Hibren 03-03-2016 02:19 AM

Shaman Race?

So as far as min Maxing goes, Troll/Iksar vs Ogre -

Does being unstunable outweigh the regen at higher levels, regen seems really lackluster on a class that can heal itself? The tiny AC boost from Iksar seems okay but the giant sta and therefore hp pool for ogre seems like its best for min max? I know wis hardly matters since 200 wis is easily broken with some decent gear.

Thoughts? I already have an Iksar shaman but hes only lvl 12 and im considering going over to Ogre? possibly Troll.

Xaanka 03-03-2016 02:33 AM

regen is really good because
- it stacks with other sources of regen
- shamans can convert hp to mana
- health regen therefore = mana regen

its hard to pass up.

Ogre is the best shaman for soloing nameds that can summon (51+)
Iksars and Trolls are the best shamans for everything else like raiding pvp leveling etc
Barbarian shamans look the coolest and get http://i.imgur.com/YQPHGYB.gif custom crowns

iksar vs troll = JBB + slam vs no fire resist penalty, ac bonus, smaller race (good for pvp purposes)
troll has a slight edge with soloing

Troxx 03-03-2016 03:19 AM

Hey look it's this thread again!

Troll >= iksar >> ogre >> barbarian

Ogre has a very modest advantage AT level 60 WITH torpor for soloing big trophy kills. Bear in mind that all these trophy kills have been pretty easily done with all other races at 60 with torpor.

Prior to 60 AND torpor, racial regen wins. At 60 with torpor, for 99% of content, racial regen still wins.

On red, iksar is pretty clearly superior to troll imo.

Semmysosa 03-03-2016 03:22 AM

How important is slam in PvP?

Videri 03-03-2016 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Semmysosa (Post 2207109)
How important is slam in PvP?

Shamans get no other interrupts. Slam might let you stop a gate or other spell. I'm not good at playing a shaman, but I bet you could use slam to great effect in small-scale PvP. In mass PvP, you might just get killed first because you're a shaman (dangerous malo + squishy target).

Xaanka 03-03-2016 03:58 AM

ya the advantage in mass pvp goes to iksar because shams are often focused and you'll blend in a lil more + smallest epic weapon model. the large races are easy to spot and focus. aon/guise/shrink etc shift the balance a lil if they're available to you but you can't count on buffs that don't work in every zone or can get pelled off you. barely matters tho, people will just know your name eventually.

slams kinda useless actually, but its marginally better than nothing & nothing else shares the cooldown.

derpcake 03-03-2016 09:01 AM

^ has never interrupted gate with slam

Hibren 03-03-2016 12:15 PM

Thanks I should add that Im not on red, So not being able to JBB doesn't really mean much then? I expected that would be a pretty big boon for Troll/Ogres

Semmysosa 03-03-2016 01:50 PM

Search Shaman Race in your forum tools.
I read all the existing posts and they cover all your questions.
Think I would prefer slam. Love to interrupt a cast.

Xaanka 03-03-2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derpcake (Post 2207247)
^ has never interrupted gate with slam

Why would I? Slam has a near zero chance of landing from a non-bash class, and it shares a cooldown with backstab. Even if they're gating at full hp you're more likely to interrupt it with backstab (push)