Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   My characters were deleted? (/forums/showthread.php?t=376986)

ride the spiral 01-23-2021 05:01 PM

My characters were deleted?

I have three accounts with EQEmu and when I log in with each account on the Blue server there are no characters. I had several characters on the Blue server a long time ago (last time I logged in was 5 or 6 months after Kunark launched on Blue).

Not sure if there was a character wipe or if I'm doing something wrong? I have downloaded and extracted the latest patch over my Titanium files (patch v53).

My highest level toon was I believe a 56 Mage (Tejin Tatsumaki).

Vallaen 01-23-2021 05:05 PM

The only time they deleted characters was when they did a level 1 purge.

Are you sure you are logging into blue and not hitting the button to join the last server you were on

ride the spiral 01-23-2021 05:09 PM

Yea I've logged on to all three servers with each of my accounts and I have no characters on each. Aside from my level 56 mage I believe I had a few level 20-30s.

ride the spiral 01-23-2021 05:10 PM

I'm pretty sure I had a Barb Rogue named Gyarados and a Iksar Warrior named Lateralus that were 20-30. Probably a few level 10 alts, and then my main which was a Dark Elf Magician named Tejin.

loramin 01-23-2021 05:43 PM

Patch your client (having out of date client software can make it appear as if you have no characters).

ride the spiral 01-23-2021 05:46 PM

So I did a clean install of Everquest Titanium, download Patch v53, extracted that over my Titanium files, and launched EQ using the Launch Titanium.bat file.

Am I missing something?

Zephys 01-23-2021 05:59 PM

Do you have any spiteful roommates or ex lovers that know of your love for EQ and also maybe a couple of your more commonly used passwords?

I'd say try to make a character and see if it lets you in-game. I would take it as a real bad sign if it does.

ride the spiral 01-23-2021 06:33 PM

Yes I can make a character in game, running around right now on a brand new level 1 on Blue server.

loramin 01-23-2021 06:41 PM

Are you sure you're on the right account? Because I personally have logged in to the wrong account before and had this exact same thing happen to me. If I was bored I could even dig up the old (embarrassing) thread where I made the mistake (publicly).

So if there is any chance you are mixing up accounts ... triple-check that you are in the correct one (post-patch).

And if you are, but you truly have no characters ... I'd recommend heading to the Petition forum and asking for help there.

Zephys 01-23-2021 06:50 PM

Oh yeah, punching in an unused name with whatever password just auto-establishes a new one right in the client now, huh? Could be you're just not putting the account name in properly.