Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Two Accounts One IP (/forums/showthread.php?t=284884)

Klaus Odinson 11-13-2017 02:22 AM

Two Accounts One IP

According to Project 1999's server rules, two accounts cannot be run simultaneously under the same IP. However, I have read conflicting stories regarding this. Therefore, I would like to know if two accounts under the same IP are permitted or not? If not, is there a way to get an exemption, so that two people under the same roof can play on the server together? If there is, how does one go about applying for said exemption? Thanks.

tiadashi 11-14-2017 06:23 AM

You have to petition for exemption and then wait for confirmation - there's a petition section further down

Bellringer 11-14-2017 11:20 AM

P99 welcomes friend/family under the same roof to play on the server. In order to maintain integrity of the server (I️.e. preventing “two boxing”) a petition must be submitted on the petition forum requesting an IP excemption. There is certain information required to be included in the petition so make sure you read all stickied threads in the petition forum.

Once you have made the petition with ALL required information, simply wait until your request has been approved. Our server runs on volunteer staff so it can sometimes take a while. Be patient. It normally takes from 2-6 weeks.

Most importantly, do not abuse the exemption. When (not if) you are caught, your account is gone and you would have to start over if you wish to continue being part of our community.

Good luck and have fun. :)

Lhancelot 11-14-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroP99 (Post 2609684)
Don't box or you will have a bad time, I know you want too (who doesn't want to port themselves on their pocket druid?) but just don't do it because you will end up getting banned.

People will tell on you. You will get caught. Do not 2-box. Bans happen all the time regarding boxing.

Cylock 11-14-2017 12:54 PM

Welcome to p99! For nearly a year now I have done IP exempts every 2 weeks (roughly). Submit a forum petition and I will review it.

plasma1010 11-14-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroP99 (Post 2609684)
Don't box or you will have a bad time, .

What is boxing ?

Stormfists 11-14-2017 02:16 PM

You can have as many accounts as to wish, but you can only play one at a time without an IP exemption.

trite 11-14-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasma1010 (Post 2609755)
What is boxing ?

One person playing multiple accounts. "Multi-Boxing" ...most people did this by using multiple computers (boxes) back in the day. That is where the name comes from

Darkatar 11-15-2017 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellringer (Post 2609705)
Most importantly, do not abuse the exemption. When (not if) you are caught, your account is gone and you would have to start over if you wish to continue being part of our community.

I've never seen a perm ban for multiboxing. You lose your exemption and maybe eat a ban for a couple weeks.

That being said, wish they did perm ban over boxing.

Edit: Guess I've only known about people losing their exemption, I'm not sure what the max punishment is for boxing w/o exemption.

plasma1010 11-17-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trite (Post 2609771)
One person playing multiple accounts. "Multi-Boxing" ...most people did this by using multiple computers (boxes) back in the day. That is where the name comes from

How does it contribute negatively to EQ ? I mean other then I guess it being deemed "unfair" for porting yourself and stuff like people said. Is there any technical aspects that cause the game to lag or bug or whatever ?