Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I want an abortion! (/forums/showthread.php?t=404766)

Reiwa 06-27-2022 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3474932)
As a matter of fact, we do have laws that let your close family members (male or female) terminate your life if you are brain dead. I'm sure the exact details vary by state, so consult them on how much you need to damage your brain ;)

What if my haploid number is divergent?

e: might should say diploid, not sure.

loramin 06-27-2022 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3474933)
Whomever taught your biology class doesn't know what they are talking about then:)

Gnats are significantly different from human beings at all stages of development. That is scientific fact.

You know, you are absolutely right! It's almost as if ... say it with me now ... an egg is not a chicken! And a fetus is not a human being!

Meanwhile, while all of you are getting your nuts off convincing yourself egg=chicken, real life human beings, actual people with brains and lives and loved ones, will die because of this ruling.

DeathsSilkyMist 06-27-2022 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3474935)
You know, you are absolutely right! It's almost as if ... say it with me now ... an egg is not a chicken! And a fetus is not a human being!

Meanwhile, while all of you are getting your nuts off convincing yourself egg=chicken, real life human beings, actual people with brains and lives and loved ones, will die because of this ruling.

A chicken egg is a potential chicken, whereas a gnat is not a potential chicken. That is biology 101, which your teacher was obviously not qualified to teach.

loramin 06-27-2022 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3474938)
A chicken egg is a potential chicken, whereas a gnat is not a potential chicken. That is biology 101, which your teacher was obviously not qualified to teach.

Look, since you have such a hard time with this chicken/egg, baby/fetus thing, take all your arguments about "fetus" and replace them with "permanently brain-dead human".

Which is closer to a normal human being? The brain-dead person can't move: the gnat and the human can. The gnat can't "think" like the human ... but it comes a lot closer to thinking than the thought-less body lying on a slab. And so on ... in all cases, the same is true for a fetus.

But again, this isn't some academic debate with no connection to the real world: real world women will die because abortion is prohibited. And again, that's a fact, backed up by both science and history.

DeathsSilkyMist 06-27-2022 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3474941)
Look, take all your arguments about "fetus" and replace them with "permanently brain-dead human".

Which is closer to a normal human being? The brain-dead person can't move: the gnat and the human can. The gnat can't "think" like the human ... but it comes a lot closer to thinking than the thought-less body lying on a slab.

But again, this isn't some academic debate with no connection to the real world: real world women will die because abortion is prohibited. And again, that's a fact, backed up by both science and history.

A brain-dead human is indeed more of a human than a gnat. That is biological fact. Please do not invoke science when you claim: "Things that move are more human than a brain-dead human".

Reiwa 06-27-2022 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3474941)

Was anyone dying prior to the ruling?

Reiwa 06-27-2022 05:05 PM

Like, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Dobbs v Jackson a 15 week restriction?

Reiwa 06-27-2022 05:16 PM

Has a chicken egg, as in the food and sometimes projectile, undergone meiosis?

Nocht 06-27-2022 05:19 PM

Liberal mental illness on full display right now.

red_demonman 06-27-2022 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3474873)
Man, I really touched a nerve with that gnat thing. Hard to argue with science isn't it?

And before you repeat that I'm just spouting my opinion as "science" ... how much thinking can a fetus do, how much thinking can a gnat do, how much thinking can a human do?

So your value of human life is based on ability of thought, wow we've never heard that stupid argument before.

Quote:

How much biomass does the fetus have, how much does the gnat have, ... how many cells ... how much controlled manipulation of body parts ... how much ... you get the idea.

If you say more words you don't get an A.

Quote:

Facts: they're a bitch when you're whole argument rests on making up shit that doesn't exist in a book from 2000+ years ago.

Strange, no one was mentioning these books, why did you bring it up?