Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Teams server (/forums/showthread.php?t=328126)

pink grapefruit 06-18-2019 08:39 PM

Teams server

By now we know the teams server is probably never going to happen, but with the excitement over green happening I'm feeling nerdy, nostalgic, and a tiny bit hopeful. Maybe instead of a server wipe, red could just be ended for good. And then maybe a brand new server could start up? Anyway I want to nerd out a little and imagine how teams could work.

Deity based is cool af, and I like the SZ teams but it's kinda lame that classes are missing from all the teams: evils lack druid, paladiin, ranger; and goods/neuts lack necro, SK.

Fix:
Human and half elf druids/paladins/rangers can now worship Rallos Zek
Erudite, gnome, and human SKs/necros can now worship Sol Ro
Erudite, gnome, and human SKs/necros can now worship Quellious

This bends the lore a bit, particularly the peace-loving SKs; but a lot of things never made sense in the lore (like evil and good chars grouping together at all) and this leaves lore intact as much as possible while still allowing balance.

Also since evil team is OP, goods and neuts should be softcoded together like VZ teams, allowing them to group/guild together but still pvp each other. And some kinda IP block thing preventing people from creating chars on other factions would be necessary, if even possible.

*dreams nerdily*

Dwarflord 06-19-2019 02:55 PM

shut up

GreenRanger 06-29-2019 06:57 PM

classic only, permanent legacy items. PVP. that is what needs to happen to red. server would fucking flourish. red was dead in kunark.

Lowlife 06-29-2019 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenRanger (Post 2930607)
classic only, permanent legacy items. PVP. that is what needs to happen to red. server would fucking flourish. red was dead in kunark.

Kind of agree

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2j2dj7n.jpg

OP ideas are bad.

At least I'd like a Green/Red99

HippoNipple 06-30-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenRanger (Post 2930607)

This server got down to single digit population during classic 7 months in and only flourished because of Kunark.

Lowlife 06-30-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HippoNipple (Post 2930780)
This server got down to single digit population during classic 7 months in and only flourished because of Kunark.

Wasn't that after amelinda banned holocaust tho and destroying server competition and not due to classic?

I swear red would have a higher population to this day if that didnt happen.

Recycle it clean 2019

Lowlife 06-30-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharptooth2 (Post 2930811)
Isnt green teams?

I wish.

Green is a new server that follows the original timeline then "recycles" by wiping and the characters are deposited into blue (or red, if there's a green pvp server) so the gap between kunark and velious will be as it was on live instead of 7 years.

pink grapefruit 07-01-2019 07:21 PM

still think they should just merge blue into red with current ffa ruleset and make the teams server

derpcake2 07-02-2019 02:05 AM

fuck yes, teens server would be great

(did not read thread)

Kohedron 07-02-2019 12:33 PM

Teams would actually get me back to red. And seeing as I am 1/20th of the population willing to play on red, my vote should matter.