Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Parallel PvP Teams Server still Desired, Please Nilbog, Sirken, and Rogean (/forums/showthread.php?t=96127)

Toehammer 01-29-2013 02:46 PM

Parallel PvP Teams Server still Desired, Please Nilbog, Sirken, and Rogean

Threads last week were a huge step in the right direction:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=95419 and http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=95531

Red 99 is truly an impressive PvP server, however it is clear from those threads that:
1) A teams PvP server is highly desired by the non-trolling P99/Red99 community.
2) There would be support from Nilbog and Sirken, and Rogean is a pre-requisite to get anything moving.
3) Red99 was not really ruined, but it is bittersweet to play on a server that was plagued with exploits, cheaters, guard assist problems, and griefers.

I never played PvP EQ back in the day but the first couple weeks of Red99, even with some broken mechanics/cheating, was by far the most fun I ever had in any video game. The mass exodus of players in the first months were mostly due to the cheating/griefing. Hard coded teams I can see fixing this griefing server mentality that Red99 has. I think a general community consensus is that the following is highly desirable:

0) HARD CODED TEAMS
1) Item loot (minus primary/secondary/range or no drop items) and no exp loss on PvP death
2) Either +/- ~5 levels for PvP with /consider only returning a blue/white/red con referring to below/within/above PvP range respectively... or complete open level PvP.
3) Either classic exp (I like this) or the current scaling exp bonus on Red99.
4) Yellow text/leader board or at least public kill:death ratios for each player.
5) TURN OFF THE ABILITY to go /anonymous! /roleplay is good enough! Silly Red99 guilds hiding behind a /anon tag. REPUGNANT!
6) A test server for a month or so to get the hype up, iron out server/team/balance wrinkles, and fix some resists or other semi-broken stuff.

Things that are debatable:

1) global /ooc . Perhaps the >level 10 solution is the way to go. Maybe > level 20 or people who are below 50 % on the leader board have like a 10 min refresh between /ooc messages... encourages good trash talking/competition.
2) Exactly how the teams are split up. There were some good suggestions in the two other threads.
3) Remove hybrid exp penalty (controversial and not classic I know, but the playerbase demand seems to be huge, and is somewhat justified).

I am not suggesting any thing to definitely NOT have. Although I think the exp on PvP death is generally not well liked by the players. Almost all of the above suggestions do not tarnish a "classic" experience, and would probably catapult the server to success.

As always, keep the thread classy (fat chance). Nilbog/Sirken were actually supporting this until the thread was overrun by trolls. Again, this is not a wipe (too late for that), not Red 99 v2.0, this is P1999 PvP Teams.

There is definitely enough community support to get it going.

-El Speedo Bandito!

Tomatoking 01-29-2013 02:47 PM

there will never be teams

ever

move on

Nirgon 01-29-2013 02:51 PM

Server won't have trolls confirmed

Actually probably mostly trolls because I'm rolling team evil

Tomatoking 01-29-2013 02:54 PM

This message is hidden because Nirgon is on your ignore list.

haha nirgon furiously refreshing forums to shit out comments and he dont even play here

time to move on bro

Nirgon 01-29-2013 03:00 PM

Yeah you needed to move on too:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomatoking (Post 809196)
steaks was banned 3 months after i stopped playing him

they tried to say it was for other stuff but literally was 3 months or more.

Of course i was still very active on the forums !

Took me 2 seconds, but kind of like when a gnat bites you, you swat it. I'm super intimidated by someone with an extra couple of chromosomes trying to get 100k red for his garbage shadowknight. Keep bumping that post, no one thinks you are retarded.

Wish forum pvp had item loot.

SamwiseRed 01-29-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomatoking (Post 829875)
there will never be teams

ever

move on

why so negative? you attack YT for not being classic then pras global ooc. eh?

Nirgon 01-29-2013 03:04 PM

At least Lulz acts retarded on purpose.

Unfortunately, Heartbrand's fraps on him doesn't lie.

Nirgon 01-29-2013 03:12 PM

Sig

Salem Orchid 01-29-2013 03:24 PM

Speak for yourself, I'm pretty sure I'm part of the red99 community and I prefer FFA over teams any day.

Erebus 01-29-2013 03:53 PM

I have a crazy idea to prevent griefing (outside of training mobs that is): reverse pvp exp loss. killing a player subtracts from your exp O_O. Nope, not gunna happen.