Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   pet weapons for green launch (/forums/showthread.php?t=335604)

soronil 10-07-2019 03:56 PM

pet weapons for green launch

The wiki says:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Guide#Pet_Weapons
Quote:

Pet Weapons
"Pet damage increases if high enough damage weapons are equipped." Oct 23 2011 Patch.

In general this means that if a weapons damage is greater than the pets innate damage, the pets maximum hit will increase. This maximum hit follows the standard damage tables by level. For instance, capped at 21 for a DMG: 10 weapon at low levels.

Attack Delay
A pet's attack delay is not affected by the delay on a given weapon. However, weapon slot choice is determined by delay (i.e. lower delay item will replace one with a higher delay).
Is this information accurate on blue? Will it be accurate on green? I hear a lot about giving pets daggers, but that would not make sense given the above info.

Trying to figure out what i should do for a lowbie mage on green. For example, if i was doing best ratio, it would be:
lvl 4: Summoned Dagger(3/21)
lvl 8: Staff of Tracing (7/40)
lvl 12: Summoned Snake Fang (5/26)

DMN 10-08-2019 05:19 AM

Well I can't say for sure how it will be done on green. However, in vanilla EQ mage pests couldn't equip weapons of any kind for awhile. The whole "dagger thing" was what necros were generally doing, which was giving their pets dagger(s). At the time the damage of the pet was not affected by weapon damage but did maintain the delay of weapon they had equipped. The 49 necro pet was walking blender with 2 FS daggers. This was nerfed about 2 months in, giving all pets normalized delays regardless of weapons equipped.

Endorra 10-20-2019 10:34 PM

If the beta is any indication, this is another thing that won't be classic. Forget about fast weapons for pets.

On the other hand, Rusty Halberds will let pets that hit for less than 20 do more damage (they'll max hit 20).

There should be a good supply of rusty halberds at your local newbie vendor.

NegaStoat 10-20-2019 11:21 PM

Rusty halberds / 2h swords are choice weapons to use until you hit level 20 and they aren't a big deal anymore, as Endorra mentioned above. The level 8 spell Staff of Tracing will give you at least a 7 base damage weapon if you're left with nothing else for that level range.

And remember - going from level 1 to 4 with a magician with no Bardic mail quests feels like pulling teeth, UNLESS you are a human or dark elf with freeport to use. Janam & Rebby note passing are there to abuse at launch (were a part of initial retail game launch) and can take you to 4 without having to kill a thing. The exp dropoff after 4 is horrid, but no one cares because you already scored meditate & your first pet.

Jimjam 10-20-2019 11:58 PM

I don't think pets equip weapons with greater than 50 delay...

Endorra 10-21-2019 02:58 AM

I can verify that my pet equips a rusty halberd on the green beta.

Tecmos Deception 10-21-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NegaStoat (Post 2992598)
Rusty halberds / 2h swords are choice weapons to use until you hit level 20 and they aren't a big deal anymore, as Endorra mentioned above. The level 8 spell Staff of Tracing will give you at least a 7 base damage weapon if you're left with nothing else for that level range.

And remember - going from level 1 to 4 with a magician with no Bardic mail quests feels like pulling teeth, UNLESS you are a human or dark elf with freeport to use. Janam & Rebby note passing are there to abuse at launch (were a part of initial retail game launch) and can take you to 4 without having to kill a thing. The exp dropoff after 4 is horrid, but no one cares because you already scored meditate & your first pet.

Those quests don't give appreciable exp on the green beta at level 1 even with the 1000% exp bonus.

I week ago I tested the similar quests in rivervale, and they gave more exp at that point, but despite being quicker to repeat they still couldn't possibly be a better option than killing stuff past level 1 or maybe 2.

Baler 10-21-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NegaStoat (Post 2992598)
going from level 1 to 4 with a magician with no Bardic mail quests feels like playing a wizard

FTFY :)