Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   looting courtesy (/forums/showthread.php?t=342253)

nickmall 11-24-2019 08:15 PM

looting courtesy

I am fairly new to a bard and was kiting some mobs where i got more than the 4 limit on aoe after me. After the first 4 went down and i was near the end of the last 3 someone ran by looting all of the corpses. Is this a common thing people do? I know the timer allowed it but curious if this is the norm to loot someones mobs that is obviously going to loot them.

azeth 11-24-2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickmall (Post 3034848)
I am fairly new to a bard and was kiting some mobs where i got more than the 4 limit on aoe after me. After the first 4 went down and i was near the end of the last 3 someone ran by looting all of the corpses. Is this a common thing people do? I know the timer allowed it but curious if this is the norm to loot someones mobs that is obviously going to loot them.

No, they ninja looted which is a suspendable offense. Any mob you did not get xp for, or express permission to loot - you are not allowed to loot. The corpse should rot if no xp/permission.

Coridan 11-24-2019 08:17 PM

Happens when people kill guards all the time. You have plenty of time to loot, don't swarm kite if it bothers you.

azeth 11-24-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coridan (Post 3034850)
Happens when people kill guards all the time. You have plenty of time to loot, don't swarm kite if it bothers you.

Wrong. It doesnt matter what the timer says.

The ONLY reason an individual wouldnt catch a suspension is if the loot was extremely trivial - i.e. a Fine Steel weapon.

nickmall 11-24-2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coridan (Post 3034850)

Your comment makes me think you hate people that swarm kite, but good to know it is the norm. Unfortunately swarm kiting is much more efficient even with a 4 mob cap then trying to chain kill white and yellows as well as much safer so i will continue to do it. I guess I will try to take them to a less traveled area instead

dekova 11-24-2019 08:44 PM

You're not supposed to loot other people's mobs like that.

If I see someone killing guards, and they're sitting on their ass 10 feet from the corpse, I'll assume they've already taken what they want and I'll loot the remaining shield or crude stein. If it's a bard swarm kiting, I will assume they're too busy to have gotten to the loot yet and I'll leave it be.

Seems like common sense and neighborly behavior to me.

azeth 11-24-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekova (Post 3034868)
loot other people's moms like that.

loot em? no

fuck em? awww yea

Donkey Hotay 11-24-2019 08:48 PM

How courteous is it to lock up 7 spawns while damaging only 4? You did it because you could and it was convenient. The same rationale applied to the looter. Some post with a green name might wander by and talk tough but nobody is getting banned for looting scarabs.

Swarmkiting bards should ask for no quarter and receive none.

cd288 11-24-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azeth (Post 3034851)
Wrong. It doesnt matter what the timer says.

The ONLY reason an individual wouldnt catch a suspension is if the loot was extremely trivial - i.e. a Fine Steel weapon.

I.e. essentially any loot from something a Bard would be swarm kiting? Lol

nickmall 11-24-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay (Post 3034872)
How courteous is it to lock up 7 spawns while damaging only 4? You did it because you could and it was convenient. The same rationale applied to the looter. Some post with a green name might wander by and talk tough but nobody is getting banned for looting scarabs.

Swarmkiting bards should ask for no quarter and receive none.

You seem to think there was a limit on the mobs and 7 mobs is all the zone has to offer. Seems like there is alot 0f hate for bards here.