Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Green Server (/forums/showthread.php?t=331353)

Elran 08-05-2019 01:54 PM

Green Server

Hello guys,

sorry for this stupid question but can someone give or link me the most imporant informations about this new server? Like which expansions? Launch date? other rules than blue?

Thanks in advance,
Benkenobi

Videri 08-05-2019 09:05 PM

tl;dr: starting from classic, progressing at the same rate as it did in classic, launch date "October 2019."

You haven't missed anything. The only official post on the forums so far has been the teaser image. There has not yet been an official announcement summarizing the big questions. We are all awaiting further info.

What we do know is that the primary goal of Project 1999 itself is to create a server that follows the classic timeline to a T, right down to each patch, walking through each expansion for the same amount of time they were out back in the day, with all legacy items dropping and then being nerfed at the appropriate juncture. The devs have clearly and consistently expressed that Luclin will not be part of P99. No Ykesha or Planes of Power either. Basically, if it's different from true classic, it will not be here. Note that all of the choices devs make depend on finding suitable, believable in-era evidence, such as forum posts or walkthroughs of old zones and quests. Unfortunately, the devs' desire to reproduce 1999-2002 Everquest is partially hampered by a few things: the limitations of our Titanium client (which apparently can't really be tweaked much), the limitations of our verifiable knowledge of that era, and the history of this server (which has necessitated certain nerfs and adjustments like nerfing Trakanon's Tooth and removing certain exploits, however classic they were).

Have I sufficiently answered your question? If not, I'm sure Loramin can do it better.

Now, watch out for people trolling you and/or asserting falsehoods! (inb4 a certain rosy citrus fruit unilaterally declares the server to be Teams PvP).

Elran 08-06-2019 04:07 AM

Many thanks for your answer, that helps a lot.

soo when i have understood right, it will beginn will classic and Kunark / Velious will be unlocked after around 6 months?

Best regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 2944170)
tl;dr: starting from classic, progressing at the same rate as it did in classic, launch date "October 2019."

You haven't missed anything. The only official post on the forums so far has been the teaser image. There has not yet been an official announcement summarizing the big questions. We are all awaiting further info.

What we do know is that the primary goal of Project 1999 itself is to create a server that follows the classic timeline to a T, right down to each patch, walking through each expansion for the same amount of time they were out back in the day, with all legacy items dropping and then being nerfed at the appropriate juncture. The devs have clearly and consistently expressed that Luclin will not be part of P99. No Ykesha or Planes of Power either. Basically, if it's different from true classic, it will not be here. Note that all of the choices devs make depend on finding suitable, believable in-era evidence, such as forum posts or walkthroughs of old zones and quests. Unfortunately, the devs' desire to reproduce 1999-2002 Everquest is partially hampered by a few things: the limitations of our Titanium client (which apparently can't really be tweaked much), the limitations of our verifiable knowledge of that era, and the history of this server (which has necessitated certain nerfs and adjustments like nerfing Trakanon's Tooth and removing certain exploits, however classic they were).

Have I sufficiently answered your question? If not, I'm sure Loramin can do it better.

Now, watch out for people trolling you and/or asserting falsehoods! (inb4 a certain rosy citrus fruit unilaterally declares the server to be Teams PvP).

Swish2 08-06-2019 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elran (Post 2944257)
Many thanks for your answer, that helps a lot.

soo when i have understood right, it will beginn will classic and Kunark / Velious will be unlocked after around 6 months?

Best regards

It's a true to timeline server, so you'll get as many days of classic era EQ as live had, and the same for Kunark, and then Velious.

I think the lifespan is 991 days, I suppose day 992 is the day they found cats on the moon ^^

Videri 08-06-2019 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elran (Post 2944257)

More like 12 months and 8 months, respectively, if we assume Green99 will follow the "Live Date" column on the left: http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:EQLive_Timeline. Note that Blue did not follow this timeline because the devs (hallowed be their names) were reconstructing the world like Norrathian archaeologists.

"March-April" 1999: Launch
(approximately 1 year elapses)
April 2000: Kunark
(approximately 8 months elapse)
December 2000: Velious
(approximately 1 year elapses)
Dec 2001: Luclin (end of patches? characters merged to blue? custom content? none of the above? We have only speculation at this point.)

loramin 08-06-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 2944170)

:) I made a wiki page for Green, but honestly this thread has more info than it does (if anyone wants to update it, it's a wiki ...).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 2944271)
More like 12 months and 8 months, respectively, if we assume Green99 will follow the "Live Date" column on the left:

We have only speculation at this point.)

Yeah, personally I think the devs are going to let Green exist for some amount of time after Luclin's drop. If not, Green would only have a tiny amount of time to enjoy the final patches, and it seems like it would make more sense to give people at least a few months to enjoy that final era of the server.

But we'll just have to wait and see.

Elran 08-08-2019 05:03 PM

Okay, many thanks for your answers.

Hope we will get a list of most important infos referring green server as soon as possible

Symbioticforks 08-09-2019 04:12 AM

characters merged to red ;) green be damned.

Chortles Snort|eS 08-12-2019 02:06 PM

me canT waiT To SMaSH!!!!