Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   I hate my indecisiveness! SK or Pally?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=336939)

Mooshu3100 10-19-2019 10:37 PM

I hate my indecisiveness! SK or Pally??

The dawn of green is upon us! With that being said I’m still torn between the two classes I’ve settled on. Never did Qeynos before so I wanted to start a human. Class either SK or Pally, but can’t decide!

Thoughts so far:

SK - Slightly better DPS, Invis, FD!, can solo better for those times when i don’t have a lot of time to devote to a group.. but some factioning/early quest issues for easy cash/xp..

Paladin - Cool LoH group save moments, feels neat to be able to buff and heal others, easy access to shops/banks/not hated, access to Ghoulbane and an easier epic, can do all those lowbie diseased pelt/Gnoll fang/bandit quests...but low dps, difficult to solo with (especially no Deepwater helm!), difficult to travel through a dungeon (no Invis etc)..

Help me decide and then plz invite me to your groups to painfully grind my way through the journey! 😬

El-Hefe 10-19-2019 10:43 PM

What races do you want to play?

Vidar 10-19-2019 10:43 PM

Having played a paladin on live in 2000 i would tell you to go SK. classic pally wont do much healing or buffing, and if you ever do those itll be 50+. Plus evil qeynos area in the aqueducts is awesome!! I would highly recommend an SK over a pally.

Danth 10-19-2019 10:46 PM

I'd make the SK if you plan to stick with Green till the end, or Paladin if you aren't sure you'll last the distance. Paladin is at its peak in the pre-expansion era while SK started out kind of weak and got better with expansions.

Danth

ldgo86 10-19-2019 10:50 PM

I also think SK. Bertox human SK very badass!

Nuggie 10-19-2019 10:55 PM

They are each good in their own way, but it's hard to beat that FD/snare splitting.

flacidpenguin 10-19-2019 10:57 PM

SK for easy threat and nice FD safety

ScottBerta 10-19-2019 10:58 PM

Go Human SK... way better spell line and FD is soooo good. Plus weapons not as good so having that pet will be nice added dps.

Mooshu3100 10-19-2019 11:00 PM

I wanted to stick with human for the fashion quest hehe.. Hopefully that doesn’t impact my experience to the point where the class isn’t fun anymore?

But yeah I’ve always been kind of an alt-Oholic.. I figured with everyone starting on green fresh, it would be a good rehab method to stick me with one char and see it through from beginning To end.. only made it to 45 on a Druid in classic and 37 blue shammy.. with a bunch of Alts 15 to 30 lol.

I am leaning more towards SK now though.. seems like a lot of QoL stuff that sounds pretty nifty! I appreciate the responses guys!

Vidar 10-19-2019 11:01 PM

And paladins healing abilities are not good. They just arent. The idea of a paladin is much better than the actuality of a paladin.

This is coming from a guy that will be playing a Dwarf paladin on green from day one, but that is because my first character ever was a dwarf pally.

just want you to know that the healing and buffing of paladins is not good at all. FD/Snare/Fear of SK is way mo betta