Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Trading Hub (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   There is a scam issue (/forums/showthread.php?t=84383)

Nips 12-13-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funhorroryes (Post 786315)
scamming item transfers bannable? is that classic?

Nah, they never suspended you or took your items but I think thats just because they were lazy

raitheon 03-15-2013 06:32 PM

Xerker - Up coming 24 Mage - I hold items like a mofo.

let me know if I can help.

Sirken 03-17-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambrotos (Post 728173)
Lately there have been people being trustful of handing over very valuable items to people they hardly know. In return these people are not giving the items back.

NEVER trust anyone to "hold" your items to give to another toon of yours UNLESS you know them. I don't mean " I met him the other day, he seemed cool as I buffed him in ec". A trusted guild member, or someone you personally know.

NEVER trust someone to "escrow" anything UNLESS you know them.

It is a huge pain in the ass to track these people down and ban them for scamming. I want to ban them since they are scum, but it's very time consuming and not the easiest thing in the world to track down.

Just don't do it.

Or even Account sales. It's 100% risk on you to do this. This is also why we don't endorse people selling their accounts.

bump

Solastramage 03-27-2013 09:46 PM

I had trouble in a trade

I bought Bloodstained Mantle off this person thought I gave her the money cause it isnt in my inventory and I got it on an alt right there I could have given the money by accident to another person who was crammed right next to her I offered to give the Item back a guild member offered to pay her the money I think I tried my hardest to resolve the issue hope I dont get into trouble for this since I tried to resolve the problem like an adult

Reapin 06-13-2013 08:56 PM

Seems like some people have so much plat they do not care. I had a guy hand me 3.5k for an item he wanted me to give to his rogue. I thought he was nuts.

Psyduck 07-26-2013 11:47 AM

Just wanted to drop a quick note on this thread:

Back on classic, I remember being scammed two separate times, once for a fungi tunic. After both times of being scammed, I petitioned and eventually a GM would get back to me. What they said, and I believe this was the universal rule for trades back in classic was, "All trades are considered final."

Now, obviously I was quite unhappy with this response so while speaking with a GM about my stolen fungi tunic, he told me the intent of this rule was to make the world of Everquest more complete and singular, even to the extent of having its own laws.

Ajkuhuun 08-11-2013 04:33 AM

Thankfully this never happened to me in live, I chalk that up to being a distrusting jerk :P Had heaps of people come up to me though and just hand me loads of items to transfer. Pretty sad that there's an increase in scams like this lately though, most of the P99 community I've met has been stellar.

Dragonmist 08-11-2013 03:10 PM

Same i traded over 20K worth of Bags/Tradeskill supplies over for a guy on my 2nd day on the server heh...

citizen1080 08-11-2013 04:20 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor

Pringles 08-11-2013 04:32 PM

nm i misread